What has been your most important musical moment in your life to date?

Well... turning away from Linkin Park and the rest of the Nu - Metal crap....

But I'm not ashamed of it, because it is all a progression. Right now I'm loving Maiden, Opeth and starting to discover Prog Rock. Even though don't think I'll ever give up Maiden or Opeth, they are everything that a band should be and more.

METAL NEVER DIES!!!:headbang:

My Arms, Your Hearse.
I can't remember what I thought on the first listen, but this album is still so fucking amazing. Nothing like anything else, and the concept is great.
Opeth in general you could say I guess, but MAYH really stands out.
I heard Benighted way back when some "Route 66" compilation came out, but it wasn't 'til reading about Opeth over on the Petrucci forum that I actually got into them.
So yep, MAYH takes the cake for me.

my first cd-player on 1995 (still alive and singing for me).

my friend bring me "...And Justice For All". that was fucking great! i've listened to different metallica's shit almost every day after that for years. that was one of my first metal expiriences. so now i love good quality metal. thanx.

My moment was the first time I heard Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon.

after I heard it my jaw was on floor from amazement.
because of that album I was driven to search for great artists and new genres, up untill then what I knew was the shit that was played on MTV Europe and the first extremely popish Beatles Records I had(Please Please me, Beatles For sale and Hard day's night) which I've been listening to since I was 3.
Soon Enough Other Pink Floyd and Beatles stuff.then came King Crimson, Led Zeppelin Niel Young and before I knew it I was listening to Grunge and Prog Metal.

paradoxile said:
My moment was the first time I heard Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon.

after I heard it my jaw was on floor from amazement.
because of that album I was driven to search for great artists and new genres, up untill then what I knew was the shit that was played on MTV Europe and the first extremely popish Beatles Records I had(Please Please me, Beatles For sale and Hard day's night) which I've been listening to since I was 3.
Soon Enough Other Pink Floyd and Beatles stuff.then came King Crimson, Led Zeppelin Niel Young and before I knew it I was listening to Grunge and Prog Metal.

That's me! That's me!!! (add Spice girls on top of that, lol)

In reading the various responses, it brings to mind many magical musical moments in my life.

Hearing The Immigrant Song by Led Zeppelin when it was released in 1970: since I've always considered LZ a forerunner to today's metal, this was an important turn in my muscial tastes, taking me away from The Beatles, The Dave Clark Five, and others. Other bands followed, like Aerosmith & Metallica, but until Opeth arrived on my scene, no other band had impact on me like Led Zeppelin did.

I've been to only two pop band concerts, and both were when the artists were at their peak - Ricky Martin and Alanis Morrissette. It was more of the fans reactions that caught my eye and got me close to pop music and its effect on people. There was the excited jumping for joy kidlike emotions that you don't see at metal concerts. It didn't seem that the reactions were about the music, but only about the person behind the music. Personally, I thought Ricky Martin put on a great "show".

Seeing Arthur Fiedler and The Boston Pops play my favorite classical song, Bolero, was something special.

When I was 12, my Dad had donated $200 to a TV station, which in turn bought me 1 hours playing time with the organist of The Boston Pops. There I was, at Symphony Hall in Boston, playing this organ and it's amazing pipes. It was a trip.

Best pop music moment for me - seeing Ashlee Simpson make a lip synching fool of herself on Saturday Night live, then playing an awful performance at halftime at the Orange Bowl. Pop music at its best.

MetalManCPA said:
Best pop music moment for me - seeing Ashlee Simpson make a lip synching fool of herself on Saturday Night live, then playing an awful performance at halftime at the Orange Bowl. Pop music at its best.

There was one performence on SNL that made me laugh(in a good way) more than the ashley simpson incident.
The Show that was hosted by Will Farrel and the musical guests were Queens of the stone age. During the song Will came out on stage dressed as Gene from Blue Oyster Cult and started playing the cowbell around Josh Homme for the rest of the song...that performance deffinetly blew me away.

Must've been when sneaked in my big brother's room in the early 90's and stole a cassette by Guns n' Roses... It's been downhill ever since.

Buying Kyuss - Welcome to Sky Valley. It's made me the person I am today. Brought me into a secene and group of people I wouldn't have otherwise known.

Ayr said:
Going to Finland to see Waters of Pink floyd when I was 15. And actually taking some of my parents money to book the ticket without telling them in advance. Maaaaad kid. Still the biggest venue Ive been to to date. I also remember nearly crying during one of the songs. =)

Wow...what an experiance...

I'd say one of my most important, was back about 6 years ago, I'd never haeard any metal, or anything, my parents arn't into that sort of thing, my my mate showed me enter sandman on kerrang, and i was like *holy fuck* this is the best song ever, i actually thought Kirk was the best guitarist in the world, untill i heard vai, but thats not the point. they blew me away, my acoutsic was in the bin, and my hair started growing \m/!!