Most emotional music moment

Ok, time to steer the board back in the musical direction. What is a special time you can remember when listening to music, when the music completely took your emotions over and you felt it take you away and you forgot all your physical troubles/thoughts/etc. This most often happens to me with Opeth, which is why I consider them my favorite band, I listen to music for moments like that. One of my most memorable was lying in my room with the window open, it was one of the first chilly days of the season, I was listening to Morningrise, the atmosphere, lyrics, music, all of it took me away and I felt so good and then tears came from my eyes, it was great.

I'm afraid I don't often get totally immersed in the music enough to forget other troubles and thoughts.

But when I finally got all my Nightingale CDs, I spent one afternoon just listening to them in chronological order (story-wise, not release-wise), just following the story and forgetting about the rest of the world.

And occasionally it happens at a concert, like when I saw Oepth and Amorphis last year, or Opeth and Nevermore, or In Flames and... dammit I've forgotten who they were playing with.

the piano solo at the and of The Leper Affinity. All of The Funeral Portrait and the ending part of The Drapery Falls. You didn't say what sort of emotions. So:

piano solo=sad
The Funeral Portrait=sad
The Drapery Falls=sort of a happy, floaty feeling.

There are more, but I have Blackwater Park in right now, so it's all I can think of

Odd choices probably but that part in the song Shadows Fall - Lead Me Home where the low distorted guitar comes in and that part on In Flames - Resin at the end where he says "each day i crawl to the hall of giants" and the main riff comes in

no, opeth was unmistakably opeth from the beginning. sure, cynic and spiral architect are amazing, but they don't make me cry.

as for my most emotional musical moment it had to be back in august. i was really depressed (always am, but just more than usual). i put in blackwater park and when the soft part on bleak came on tears were rolling down my face. blackwater park was the first opeth album i bought, but after that emotional release i relized that these guys were doing something special. withing two weeks i saved up some money, purchased the rest of the opeth albums online, and have been enjoying them ever since.

Originally posted by bleedingskeptic
no, opeth was unmistakably opeth from the beginning. sure, cynic and spiral architect are amazing, but they don't make me cry.

as for my most emotional musical moment it had to be back in august. i was really depressed (always am, but just more than usual). i put in blackwater park and when the soft part on bleak came on tears were rolling down my face. blackwater park was the first opeth album i bought, but after that emotional release i relized that these guys were doing something special. withing two weeks i saved up some money, purchased the rest of the opeth albums online, and have been enjoying them ever since.

Blackwater Park has always been something special for me. I love all the other albums, but that one will always be my favorite. I think all the soft parts are emotional, after all, it's sort of hard (for me at least) to feel emotional when there's someone growling, although it kinda makes me happy. Happy is an emotion. I don't know what I'm talking about. It's 4:30 in the morning and I'm eating hershey's kisses. 10 of them, always 10.

The album that creates most of those emotional moments for me is currently Katatonias LFDGD... But the problem with songs that have those "special" moments is that I listen to them over and over again and one day the effect is gone (or at least not that strong anymore) :err:
It's different with Opeth, though... they don't have those single moments but rather the whole song has a special effect - but in another way... well I can't describe it :D

'Inner Silence' by Anathema, from Alternative 4, really affected me emotionlly. In the romantic and sad sense.... Nothing I've heard has touched that song for impact.

The other way, it's 'Blessings Upon the Throne of Tyranny' by Dimmu Borgir from 'Puritanical Euphoric Misanthropia'. That opening blast beat riff instills so much intesity and rage. The lyrics are amazingly poetic and impacting too.

Of course there are other songs which have massive affects, yet these two are probably the most dominant- at least what I can think of now.

It's only 15 minutes until the new year.... Happy New Year Opeth fans!!!!

Off the top of my head.. Savatage - Follow Me.. The atmospheric sounds Savatage creates combined with their solos are just amazing.
This wasn't supposed to be strictly Opeth related, right? Heh.. in wich case I'd have to go with the ending of In Mist She Was Standing. Or The Night And The Silent Water (everything from the begining of the acoustic guitars and that tribal sort of drumming till the end; the part In Flames borrowed for Whoracle).

awaken by november's doom. or deep peace by devin. it doesn't have to be all dark metal music to be emotion.