Ever cried to opeth?

Misanthrope

Latin, NOT Mexican.
Oct 11, 2001
My House.
www.i-mockery.com
I was having some troubles the other day, sentimental ones
and i was listening to demon of the fall at the climax when the clean voice starts and just broke down to tears like a baby cause i felt it was closely related to what i was going trough ( it wasnt but at the time it looked like it ). This is the first time a song has such a strong effect...so powerfull so sentimental....
Any of you experienced something this intense while listening to Opeth?

You are not the only one Misanthrope.
I was (am) having some sentimental trouble and I was listening to Still Life. When the accoustic part began a tear was going to fell but it didn't. But then came Godeheads lament and when the accpustica part came I couldn't resist anymore. Some tears fell down.
Opeth is pure emotion and love and hate and sensations
for me especially Still Life and Morningrise.
:cry: :cry:

Originally posted by The_Wanderer
You are not the only one Misanthrope.
I was (am) having some sentimental trouble and I was listening to Still Life. When the accoustic part began a tear was going to fell but it didn't. But then came Godeheads lament and when the accpustica part came I couldn't resist anymore. Some tears fell down.
Opeth is pure emotion and love and hate and sensations
for me especially Still Life and Morningrise.
:cry: :cry:

not quite, but I know what you mean about the accoustic parts in Godhead's lament. I get damn near misty-eyed just thinking about it. :)

Originally posted by SentencedToBurn
no but my friend did when listening to bleak and listening to the lyrics of it. his mom just died recently and he cried. at least thats what he told me.

Makes me want to appreciate my mother more. I will hug her the next time I see her.

just wanted to relate that...

The tears never quite came out but I have been very close during To Bid You Farewell and in Epilogue. The funny thing is that it has happened a handful of times while being very happy as well as being in a depressed state of mind.

when my ex girlfriend broke up with me I had just bought Morningrise that day and when I was listening to To Bid you Farewell I almost cried ,,, I haven't cried sence I was really young ,, but I still am young so ....but anyway ever sence that I can't listen to To Bid without at least getting a bit choked up ,

Originally posted by Misanthrope
I was having some troubles the other day, sentimental ones
and i was listening to demon of the fall at the climax when the clean voice starts and just broke down to tears like a baby cause i felt it was closely related to what i was going trough ( it wasnt but at the time it looked like it ).

The exact same thing happened to me once. I was listening to Demon of the fall and I was pretty sad. When the clean voice started I began to cry. I too felt that it was related to what i was going through. That part is very emotional.

Im not sure if i have ever had an emotional outburst to opeth, but if i did, it would have to be to something like you said at the climax of the clean vocals on Demon Of The Fall. I love the clean vocals on that song, and the ensuing melody is just... I have however felt very intense emotion from Opeth's music.

Anyways, the closest i have come to crying to any death or black metal bands is Emperor. I love the orchestral parts of the music, like the one in In The Wordless Chamber at around 2:27. There are many wonderful melodies in that album. Also Arcturus is very emotional to me.

Dimmu Borgir has some emotional keyboards and samples, and i love Fear And Wonder from PEM. Borknagar has some great stuff, like Embers from Quintessence. Vortex's clean vocals are also sentimental to me.

Sorry if all I ever really talk about is Emperor, Opeth, and Arcturus, but those are the bands that are closest to me.:)

And im sorry for making my threads so damn long.:)

when me and my girlfriend were having some real bad trouble, and I listened to the call and reply riff at the end of Demon. that got me going

yeah, i have -- sometimes it's so beautiful that it hurts. i mentioned this in a thread to Blackspirit once. like, it's so intense, it almost pushes down on you -- you know, when you're alone in a dark room with headphones pressed against your ears.

and tears came to my eyes when they opened with moonlapse vertigo at the milwaukee metalfest. so stunned to hear it live.

*sigh, so wonderful*

I am a MAN, I don't cry! :rolleyes:....:lol:

I have never cried to Opeth, but I have cried at movies and plays and such.