...Ever cried to Opeth?

By the way - on the thread topic - I occasionally get choked up during certain Opeth songs. Never been one to bawl, but Godhead's Lament and Moonlapse Vertigo (okay - the whole damn album) make me close my eyes and just fade away sometimes (hopefully not when I'm driving).

yes, i do that too :D

lmao at the driving part:lol:

I've chopped onions once while listening to Morningrise. Does that count? OH! I've also farted in my car during the jam on closure. It was wet, uncomfortable, and made me cry on the inside.

I just realized that this thread made me feel bad as an Opeth forum member. I mean.. I just imagine someone who's not from here and possibly have prejudices concerning Opeth.. coming here and seeing that title for a thread.. you know.. that sounds pretty emo.

..Ever cried to Opeth? :cry:

Once I was listening to Still Life by myself, and you guys all know the concept of it so I wont explain it like a broken record. Anyway, it was going through my head like a journey, with each song and the lyrics. Its weird and hard to explain, but im sure we've all been inlove before and it's just so sad coming towards the end of the album. In White Cluster when he was about to be hung I could picture him looking through the crowd and seeing Melinda, and for that one moment he was content again. Then he was hung.. and the soft acoustic bit at the end is their reunion. I shed a couple of tears..

Its sad, it's complicated, its beautiful. Its Opeth. :worship:

Kinda interesting how so many people including myself perceived it the exact, same way.

opeth just really isn't that sad, i don't really understand why people would cry because of opeth

The only time I have ever cried was at my Nan's funeral, and one year later I was drunk and depressed listening to Sevendust's acoustic album alone while reminiscing of my time with her.

That was around April 06, damn, 3 years ago. Time is going to fucking fast.

Lol,this thread became really emo,like some confessions
`` i never cried listening to opeth but i cried when...```
Lmao :lol:

Almost crying with opeth but I cannot remember which song...

PS: men cry, project ones dont. period

Cried..? maybe when I hear 'Dirge For November' especially the 'empty' beginning when he sings "allll are gone" .... silence.

Epilogue used to draw some tears.

Flat out crying no.

However... tears of euphoria, yes :p

Oh, and when I listen to weakness and I'm feeling particularly cold and/or broken/weak I may feel the urge to shed a tear.

As I always tend to feel the music and to pass through all that emotions, sometimes when the song hits me in the head, in my heart, it really pulls off my emotions. And, I have that habit to listen the music before I fall asleep. In some situations, "Benighted" made me feel really "down", and that songs is very special to me.

All you "I'm too hardcore to cry, I'm a big tough guy" people need to understand music.. Music is supposed to create emotion whatever it may be.. It can create many different emotions on many different people.. It all depends on how the song makes you feel and how relevant it is to you.. I don't feel like an emo when I cry to music, I cry because it's beautiful and it makes me think... not because I'm a manic depressive pussy with eye liner on with knife in hand..

I was driving in a terrible thunderstorm one time with rain beating down and thunder shaking the ground beneath and I had Ghost of Perdition wide open, I don't know why but it was very emotional... It was just the right moment for that song. I still think of that moment everytime I listen to Ghost.

All you "I'm too hardcore to cry, I'm a big tough guy" people need to understand music.. Music is supposed to create emotion whatever it may be.. It can create many different emotions on many different people.. It all depends on how the song makes you feel and how relevant it is to you.. I don't feel like an emo when I cry to music, I cry because it's beautiful and it makes me think... not because I'm a manic depressive pussy with eye liner on with knife in hand..

I was driving in a terrible thunderstorm one time with rain beating down and thunder shaking the ground beneath and I had Ghost of Perdition wide open, I don't know why but it was very emotional... It was just the right moment for that song. I still think of that moment everytime I listen to Ghost.

ok, the first part of your post made sense, i thought to damnation or some other opeth soft song, but you cried to GHOST OF PERDITION?? please tell me the soft interlude? you just can't cry during the intro and verse part.

Yea mainly the verse and interlude... and once it was over..

I still get the most complete form of satisfaction everytime I hear that song.. One of the best songs ever written.