Ever cried to opeth?

ohh,do u remember the entrance of my arms your hearse...the piano just 10 seconds when i was heard that part just close to cry

MacMoney said:
No, never cried to Opeth but to some other songs yes. For example Death - Voice of the Soul. Gotta be one of the most beautiful songs and solos ever.

Weird...Chuck must be god or something...

The only song I've ever cried to was Perennial Quest, and that was at the last part of the song....The acoustic part with that insanely emotional lead, right at the end. It was a weird ficked up time in my life, but I'll forever respect that song as my outlet that kept me going. I've seen music in a different way ever since!

Other than that, I've had similar situations, smaller stuff, like having a girlfriend tell you that she cheated on you...For those times, I always listen to Sentenced's "Frozen". It's like therapy minus the effort! Just sit back, turn it on, and somehow all is well!

Though I have come close to tears while listening to Epilogue. I think that Opeth is so emotional that to cry to it would not be much of a departure from the essence of it...So I'd either cry to all of it or nothing...So nothing it is, so far...

Plenty of their tunes have an emotional effect upon me. Would be pretty pointless if they didn't! However, about seven minutes and a half into Under the Weeping Moon just as Mikael utters "Burn the winter landmarks That said I was there Burn the spirit of cold That travel through my soul" , I cannot help but get choked up every time. His voice is beautifully heartbreaking.

I am not saying this to seem more than a man than you all, but I get all emotional while listening to some music (Opeth, Nirvana's Live Album, Tool...) when I am having some personal/life problems; however I haven't cried. I don't think that I can cry... I don't remember how to cry? :/ I don't remember the last time that I cried. I just guess that I haven't got emotional enough for a long time.

The Evil Toucan said:
Never cried to Opeth. I am extremely 'into' the music when I listen to them though. Definitely elicits a lot of emotion from me. I HAVE cried however, to Devin Townsend, notably "Tiny Tears"("And I'm 29 years old....and I'm a million miles away..." the pure feeling of isolation is just overwhelming), and Porcupine Tree--"Russia on Ice"(the AWESOME "I see the whole thing come down..." part), "Cure for Optimism", and "Feel So Low".

I think I might have you order a Devin Townsend cd for me. I really wish I could blast Accelerated Evolution or Terria right now. It's about 4AM and you know my step-father would love to be jarred from his sleep by something like Earth Day.

"And I'll never know when..."followed by the closing riff of April Ethereal and through the end of The Apostle in Triumph. The endings of those songs are just beyond words for me. Other songs were Smart Kid-Porcupine Tree, Trial of Tears-Dream Theater, Natural Science and Jacob's Ladder-Rush. I wasn't feeling any outside emotions either. I just cried because the music hits me hard in those wonderful songs.