What have you discovered?

Belial

Rainbow Demon
Nov 18, 2001
Shoikan Grove
jason.storiesfrom.us
I'm not sure if this has been done before, but what bands have you gotten into that you probably wouldn't have even heard of if it weren't for this forum?

For me I got into:

Dimmu Borgir
Therion
Nightwish
The Sins Of Thy Beloved
Iced Earth
Dying Fetus
Thales

I plan to check out a whole bunch later. I'd say Lilitu, but I really have to thank the In Flames forum for that one.

Agalloch
In The Woods
Hollenthon
Novembre
Anglagard
Rakoth
Ulver
Maudlin Of The Well
several Swano projects
all of the unsigned bands (Farmakon and Soul Forlorn being the most impressive IMO)

I also credit this forum with increasing my interest in Katatonia and MDB, turning me from appreciative listener to devoted fan.

well, just yesterday I got into Borknagar thanks to Towelie. And I've also gotten into Dimmu Borgir, In Flames, Anathema, Katatonia (a little), and I have every intention of checking out Novembre soon.

I discovered Evergrey and Novembre and I'm very thankfull for that. So, THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!
I also geve a second chance to Dark Tranquillity and Arcturus, and I'n even more thankfull for that, thank you all for making my world a better one!!!!!!!!!!!!!

maudlin of the well
novembre
novembers doom
my dying bride
katatonia
sculptured
agalloch

i came to this forum a newbie in the world of opeth and its "brother bands". this forum helped me to expand my love for sad, yet beautiful music.