What headliners would you like to see in 2008?

renejanssen

Apr 19, 2005
Baarlo, The Netherlands
www.progpower.eu
Well, we are already talking to a few bands for ProgPower Europe 2008, but the main question will be: what bands would you like to see as headliner on Saturday and Sunday next year? Give us 2 names of bands you would like to see, here are my votes:

OPETH for Saturday
THRESHOLD for Sunday

What are your votes?

Rene

But - dear René - as you are trying to do something really special - and as I suppose that you are a wizard - here a suggestion. Apparently SHADOW GALLERY performs very rarely on stage. For the 10th anniversary it would be really a challenge to bring these really fantastic guys on stage in Europe. At least it would be worthy to try ...

Apparently SHADOW GALLERY performs very rarely on stage. For the 10th anniversary it would be really a challenge to bring these really fantastic guys on stage in Europe.

As much as i love to see these guys live once...this is probably a dream forever. They already had an offer they couldn't refuse to play a previous edition of PP usa, it just didn't work to get them on stage in their home country.....let alone to get them over to europe.:cry:

As for a headliner or the best way to finish the 10th edition of PP with the best party you could imagine: get Star One on stage !!

I know Arjen is the house almost every single year, let him get his 'big band' together for a full house.

Well... if you can arrange DREAM THEATER, or LIQUID TENSION EXPERIMENT that would be cool... Or maybe DOMINICI, if you can't get his previous band. PAGAN's MIND can come back, as I found them really amazing in 2005. And FATES WARNING... what about them! RUSH would be nice as well :)

Maybe you could get CHROMA KEY during daytime, since Kevin seems to be doing some shows lately.

As stated above by Havermout, we've been trying to get Shadow Gallery on since 1999. Unfortunately, the band is only a studio project and never performed live. So, chances are very small..

Keep them coming, those suggestions.. but be realistic. Bands like Dream Theater and Rush are way out of our league.

Mostly, Opeth And Jon Oliva's Pain again :rock :worship:
Furthermore:
Jon Oliva's Pain :rock
Devin Townsend/SYL
Fates Warning
Evergrey
HEAVEN'S CRY
Symphony X
Hmmm...some Dutch band called EarthPulse would be nice to me too *poke,poke*

Ow before I forget it...
Communic
Pagan's Mind
Riverside
Nova Art
Cloudscape
Textures

And I can understand if you can't book all of these bands, so me being a nice person, you can leave one out of this list :p

When its possible
Opeth
Evergrey
Symphony X
Paradise Lost

And for the rest a new band for me Darkwater.
A very progressiv Swedish band

JON OLIVA'S PAIN - I know, but I like'em
SYMPHONY X - ultimate progmetal
SHADOW GALLERY - get them out of the studio
BLACK SYMPHONY - new cd doesn't get released, but I can beg Rick to come over
AYREON - Star One was awesome!
EVIL MASQUERADE - theatrical metal buddies from Denmark
ROYAL HUNT - symphonic prog buddies from Denmark
VANDEN PLAS - always great
ANDROMEDA - awesome liveband
ADAGIO - they "dominate"
SUSPYRE - diserves attention
PAGAN'S MIND - these guys can do better than play hard rock for Mr. JL

some are real prog, some on the edge of being prog,
one thing, stay prog, don't get metalbands just to attract more people!
rawk on!:headbang:

When its possible
Opeth
Evergrey
Symphony X
Paradise Lost

And for the rest a new band for me Darkwater.
A very progressiv Swedish band

darkwater? haha i opened for a scottish band with that name a few months back.. they were not very progressive though ;)

watchtower would be cool too haha

my vote goes to unexpect, crazy guys from canada!

also a live ayreon performance would be nice, he should be done with his new album then right?

Sat - Evergrey (if they don' t have a birthday :heh:)
Sun - Amorphis.

Grtzz,
Aschwin.

Invite Circus Maximus back for next year i will surely will be there!!
These guys rock big time :headbang:
And they are fun to hang out with!! hehehe :kickass: