What headliners would you like to see in 2008?

darkwater? haha i opened for a scottish band with that name a few months back.. they were not very progressive though ;)

watchtower would be cool too haha

my vote goes to unexpect, crazy guys from canada!

also a live ayreon performance would be nice, he should be done with his new album then right?

You are wrong.
Listen to Calling The Earth To Witness.
A perfect combination of Symphony X, Section A and Vanden Plas.
In my opinion a perfect band for Progpower 2008

They already had an offer they couldn't refuse to play a previous edition of PP usa, it just didn't work to get them on stage in their home country.....let alone to get them over to europe.:cry:

About Shadow Gallery. I know that they're basically a studio project. But as you know, Room V was recorded at Inside Out. Maybe this fact changes a little bit the conditions. I could imagine that Inside Out want them to perform live at least once ... and the 10th anniversary of ProgPower would be a great opportunity. I think that at least René could try...

About Shadow Gallery. I know that they're basically a studio project. But as you know, Room V was recorded at Inside Out. Maybe this fact changes a little bit the conditions. I could imagine that Inside Out want them to perform live at least once ...

Of course René could try, but Inside Out's business has changed over the past couple of years. Their main focus now is Studio projects, side projects etc. Glenn (PP usa) already mentioned a while ago that it's hard for him to get any band from Inside Out America on his bill because of the changed policy. It looks like that promoting a band on stage is less interesting for record labels nowadays than it was 10 years ago.

Pagans mind
Cloudscape
Pain of salvation
....are a few bands I would love to see at Progpower again considering it's a 10 year anniversary.

New bands I haven't seen would be...
Sylvan
Section A
Redemption

darkwater? haha i opened for a scottish band with that name a few months back.. they were not very progressive though ;)

watchtower would be cool too haha

my vote goes to unexpect, crazy guys from canada!

also a live ayreon performance would be nice, he should be done with his new album then right?

These are two different bands. However they have the same name, that's too bad... Swedish Darkwater are progressive (and so great!), the scottish darkwater play some kind of rock. not progressive.

Here's a huge list of bands I'd like to see. See which are realistic and which are headliner material.

Sleepytime Gorilla Museum!
Heaven's Cry
Riverside
Chrome Shift :p
Evergrey
Shadow Gallery
Ulver
Threshold w/ Damian Wilson :p
Zero Hour
The Mars Volta
Solefald
Porcupine Tree
Pagan's Mind
Nightingale :D
Lumsk
Green Carnation
Freak Kitchen!
Falconer
Eldritch
Beyond Twilight
Andromeda
A.C.T.

Here's a huge list of bands I'd like to see. See which are realistic and which are headliner material.

Sleepytime Gorilla Museum!
Heaven's Cry
Riverside
Chrome Shift :p
Evergrey
Shadow Gallery
Ulver
Threshold w/ Damian Wilson :p
Zero Hour
The Mars Volta
Solefald
Porcupine Tree
Pagan's Mind
Nightingale :D
Lumsk
Green Carnation
Freak Kitchen!
Falconer
Eldritch
Beyond Twilight
Andromeda
A.C.T.

Ulver! Solefald!
Excellent choices...!:)

/Christer

Ulver! Solefald!
Excellent choices...!:)

/Christer

Yeah, Solefald would be fantastic! Although they're a 2 man band who I think have only ever toured once, many years ago (pre-Neonism).

I'd be happy with any of the following headliners:
Amorphis; Opeth; Pain of Salvation; Devin Townsend; Anathema; Nevermore; Meshuggah

Plus it'd be great to see Atheist again - particularly now they're gonna extend their reunion into 2008 and are keen to play Holland!

Other bands who'd be cool:
Gnostic
Sleepytime Gorilla Museum
Wolverine
MT-TV
Darkane
Madder Mortem
Star of Ash
Khoma
Illogicist
Cynic
Unexpect
Primordial
Disillusion
Psyopus
Agua de Annique
Sikth
Subterranean Masquerade
Turisas

A) "ole buddies"
Thessera (Main Stage)
Into Eternity
Wolverine

B) "proggies"
Alias Eye
Beardfish
Pineapple Thief
No-Man
Steve Thorne
Pure Reason Revolution

C) "heavy's"
ULVER
SIGH
Solefald
Ram-Zet
Soulbreach
Dark Tranquillity
Extol
Mercenary
Vintersorg
Borknagar
Wayd
Obsidian
Neurosis
Isis
Oceansize
Cancer Conspiracy (if still existing?)
The Ocean
Magnacult

D) "jazzy"/"adventurous"
Mars Volta
Counter-World Experience
Scott Henderson
Oz Noy
Soft Machine

I think you should go with PAGAN's MIND and FREAK KITCHEN as headliners, and add REDEMPTION and OUTWORLD(Houston USA) KRUCIBLE(Houston USA) along with DIVISON BY ZERO(already on bill) PATHOSRAY, ANUBIS GATE, DARKWATER(Sweden), MACHINE MEN, IRON SAVIOUR.

My list:

Opeth
Spock's Beard
Threshold
Neal Morse
Wolverine
Symphony X
Riverside
Mercenary
Evergrey
Anathema
Textures
Green Carnation
Pagan's Mind
Cloudscape
Arena
Blind Ego
Sylvan
The Aurora Project

HI

My wish for Saturday would be Dead Soul Tribe . I saw them last wednesday in cologne and they were awesome.
An for sunday my wish would be Poverty´s No Crime. Their new record is really great.