what I need to use impulses???

gabriel g.

Sep 7, 2006
Hamburg
www.myspace.com
I am recording about 8 years now, but I never used impulses. Just real amps or pod... I am hearing from everybody how great impulses are so I wanna give them a try.

So what plugin do I need and so on....

please help

cheers

Well, first off you need a plugin called "Search", you can download it for free by clicking on the word "Search" on the top of this webpage. Seriously though...damn.

I like the implulses in RevalverII>Speakers>Convultion, just add that to a pod track w/o a speaker simulation on. Or you can take a track out of the FX send of your amp and then add an impulse to that.

Pristine space isn't freeware. Sound stops every 25 seconds on the demo version. I've found Voxengo Boogex to be a good one. Less cumbersome than Revalver and none of those 'Crunch' 'Distortion' options to bother with.

I downloaded Voxengo Boogex and Sir 1, can't get the Guitar Hacks Impulses and so on in there, am I only dumb or is there something special like wrong files or formats?

I tried it the same way with Guitar Hacks impulses, started Boogex and tried to load them, same problem with SIR I, they didn't work for me, don't know why, tried it several times but it's ok, those Harley Benton impulses are really nice and I like them very much (played like 4 hours after getting them :D ).

Thanks for the response.

Guys where can i find impulses?
I've got guitar hacks impulses, where can i find other impulses?
V

Ive been posting these same questions lately. I think the only mac options are the mcdsp one and altiverb. But altiverb doesn't work in cubase 4 on intel which blows. Anyone know of something else for mac