What interface are you going to move to for Pro Tools 9?

For My home Mix/edit rig I'm tempted by Something RME (FIreface400 or 800)
or when i get a macpro at home maybe a Motu 24 I/O for cheap I/O expansion. as i said before. so much choice!

I really think for $599 any studio that doesnt get it, even for the sake of just being able to access projects from other studios recorded in Pro Tools is silly. $600 is a very small price to pay for the stability and workflow imho.

Unfortunately the girlfriend / wife reminded me that Christmas is coming. So I have to wait...BITCH! :p

Now if only they'll make a c24 with no pres so you can hook your own up. Any alternatives?

The C24 doesn't really work as an interface anyway, so the preamps are just extra really. You still need a converter and can use whatever preamps you want. But if you're looking for just a controller, I'd strongly suggest considering the Euphonix MC series now that PT9 has EuCon support.

system_5-mc_01_intro.jpg

*fapfapfap*

98% of us are, the only one who wont be are the kids that record in their rooms. Seriously if you are AT ALL serious about really building a studio that people are going to pay you to record them, and you don't upgrade to Pro Tools its kind of foolish.

Its the industry standard, and the industry standard has the best workflow in the industry on all the DAW's out there.

Now dont get me wrong. I LOVE and have used Cakewalk products for the past 12 years. BUT they few times I have worked on Pro Tools I LOVED the workflow and how fast I could get everything done.

What you gonna stick with Logic? Sonar? Cubase?

Why? VST Support? 98% of the plugins you BUY, and BUY is the key word here come with VST and RTAS versions on the same CD / DVD.

The only reason not to upgrade to Pro Tools is if you used Cracked / Hacked Software.

The last time I checked, producers and engineers get paid to produce music, not to buy and showoff gear. A mechanic doesn't upgrade tools without a reason, neither will a producer.

Uhm...not a problem for me actually...I don't use 96KHz.
Anyway it's usefull because it needs only 1 connector... said that, the pcie costs 2 times the Raydat...don't know if it worth the additional price at the moment