What interface are you going to move to for Pro Tools 9?

I can't even afford PT 9 so how about this?
http://www.allen-heath.com/uk/gs-r24.asp

GS-R24_3Quarter_large.jpg

24 mic/line input pre-amps
- 24 channels of 4 band EQ with fully parametric mids
- Choice of analogue or Firewire / ADAT interface modules
- 2 dual stereo inputs with EQ
- 2 additional valve inputs
- 6 auxes
- 4 subgroups
- Main Stereo + Mono bus
- PFL, AFL + Solo in Place
- MIDI control
- 5.1 surround monitoring
- Integral meterbridge
- Separate linear power supply

32 I/O total and oh yeah, and Motorized faders and DAW control

Lol that made me jizz again. And it's actually not as expensive as I expected it to be. Even if I had the money, my workflow is too computer-centered to work with a console.
*Sigh* Maybe in 15 years or so.. ;)

The Lynx Aurora 16 with the ADAT expansions is 2900€ for 16 channels. With the Alphalink you'd get 24 inputs for 1666€, so that's 8 more I/O for almost half the price :)

Finding that kind of stuff used for a good price isn't easy here, either.

But stand alone the lynx has access to 16 analogue and 16 digital I/o for a total of 32 io.

Or am I wrong.

I can't even afford PT 9 so how about this?
http://www.allen-heath.com/uk/gs-r24.asp

24 mic/line input pre-amps
- 24 channels of 4 band EQ with fully parametric mids
- Choice of analogue or Firewire / ADAT interface modules
- 2 dual stereo inputs with EQ
- 2 additional valve inputs
- 6 auxes
- 4 subgroups
- Main Stereo + Mono bus
- PFL, AFL + Solo in Place
- MIDI control
- 5.1 surround monitoring
- Integral meterbridge
- Separate linear power supply

32 I/O total and oh yeah, and Motorized faders and DAW control

seems only the M model has motorized faders but .... I can't find a price on these anywhere ... about $2000?

Maybe I'm biased because I prefer more coloured pre's like the Tg-2 or Api 3124....
probably.
anyhoo!
back to interfaces.

Oh I can totally understand that, but this is really the perfect interface to add no coloration to the sound. Especially for guys with a ton of outboard pre's they want to use. The reasoning behind buy them for me is eventually I really want to upgrade with some killer outboard pre's.

If you like the coloration of other pre's thats perfectly fine. Everyones ears are different :)

Honestly even that for 7k isnt worth it. While I LOVE my Allen & Heath stuff for live sound, I dont think they would be "clean" enough for the studio environment. Especially something like this.

Dont get me wrong, A&H are great quailty, but I think for a lot less money you could get a control surface and some killer pre's

Yeah I figured it's not the best option for the money. There isn't anything else like it though. Know of any 24 fader control surfaces and 32 i/o options?

Oh of course not, but the Euphonix stuff is killer. Even though its only 8 or 16 fader. I love A&H Stuff but I just dont see them competing in the controller / interface market for $7k. For some mid line studios something like that would be ok I guess.

Edit:
On a side note, if you ar elooking for just a controller, look at the Behriger or Mackie stuff. They would work similar to what you are talking about, and you could just never use the Pre's

WOW - actually This is only 6k
http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/HDXC24-C24

Hmmm.... check this out!
http://www.frontendaudio.com/Mixed-Logic-M24-Universal-Control-Surface-p/8110.htm

It's not $7000, it's more like $10,000 US. I don't have that money now but with a business plan I can make that work for my next studio.
I can't have Behringer in my studio! haha
I like the combo of mid size console, with DAW control, metering, analog and digital conversion.

That new SSL Nucleus is cool and not crazy expensive but it's only a USB interface.

Dont get me wrong, A&H are great quailty, but I think for a lot less money you could get a control surface and some killer pre's

After taking a brand new rack-mountable A&H mixer apart, I made a firm decision not to put my money in that company. The build quality was sloppier than me trying to have sex, but with more hot glue and detached parts.