What is Andy up to these days?

Seriously, Metallica is just a cashcow. They get more of a cash return out of sales and promotion from Rubin and his "production" team than they would obviously out of Sneap, even though Sneap's price would inevitably be cheaper to make the actual product.

The real question: does Metallica not have enough cash just to cash out, go sip Margarita's somewhere and just giggle?

The real question: does Metallica not have enough cash just to cash out, go sip Margarita's somewhere and just giggle?

You have to see it this way: the Metallica guys still have 25 years to live. And I doubt any of them spent a lot of time learning something substantial during their rock career. And we all know that at least Hetfield and Hammett aren't the brightest guys anyway.

So what are they gonna do the next 25 years? I mean, you can probably think of many things, but we are talking about a bunch of half-deaf alcoholics who are used to having the world revolve around them. That doesn't happen in other contexts than Metallica. So I doubt it'll be easy for them to "cash out and sip drinks", cause sipping drinks gets boring quickly.

^ Sad but true.

Besides, if their lives would revolve around keeping the old Metallica legacy, we'd have some 4 more Master Of Puppets albums and 4 Ride The Lightning ones, and our heads would be collectively blown.

I've got two more :D

- Enter Sneapman
- Until It Sneaps

But seriously - they should consider it. Unfortunately they have no interest in having a great Metal-sound these days. They have a very sick imagination of being true to theirselves by releasing music with crap sound.

Sneap with Iron Maiden would give way better results than with Metallica in my humble opinion.

sounds like an adam d mix actually, but again, I'm not committing to it. we'll wait for the album to come out so we can see the credits, or just hear from someone who knows for sure.