Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Theocracy (Self Titled)

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • ALL OF THEM

Votes: 2 10.0%

• Total voters

teamventure

Jun 8, 2011
I figured now that Ghost Ship has been out that it would be a good time for you guys to take a poll on what your favorite Theocracy album is.

Reactions: prometheus7
For a while I would have to say it was "Mirror of Souls". But sometimes I was torn between that and "As the World Bleeds". Now I would probably say "Ghost Ship". I think it is an over all stronger album. The first term that comes to mind is that it is "more accessible". By that I mean that people that may have been put off by the "proginess" of Theocracy, will find these songs little more, dare I say, "mainstream"? If that makes sense. Also, this one might finally see the whole band sound coming together.

My favorite album is As the World Bleeds, mainly because of I Am, but I like the rest of the songs very much as well. Just top quality.

Actually I should go for Theocracy, because for me it changed the landscape of metal music dramatically. I was getting pretty bored with what I was listening to back then (Stratovarius, Kamelot, Rhapsody, Labyrinth, etc. :zzz:) and this album brought a totally new sound, along with really good lyrics! Still amazed... And then As the World Bleeds introduced the next level. :D

I agree. As the world bleeds is my personal favorite. i didn't know i would like the follow up from that but Ghost Ship happens to be a close second for me. Ghost Ship exceeded my expectations.

I was still getting acquainted with Ghost Ship, so at the time of this thread I thought I'd come back to this later (and then forgot).

It's really close for me. Each album can make a case to be my favorite. But, as long as the question is a subjective 'favorite' and not more objective 'best', I'll go with the original album, because that was where I started with the band (and really Christian metal in general) and the emotions that one stirred in me are just so special and lasting.

Ghost Ship for me as it has the most of 'stuck in your head' songs compared to the other albums. Paper Tiger, Wonder of It All, Stir The Ember, and Easter. Just mind blowing, I'd say they have grown more matured in composition compared to previous albums.
Great lyrics and message on Paper Tiger, awe inspiring Wonder of It All, haunting power chords on Stir The Ember, and for Easter I can easily imagine all the scenes in the Easter story together with the music, it is a so dramatically well thought composition. Would be great if later in Heaven God can make a theater to playback the real scene in history with Matt's song as the narrative :tickled:

I can't wait for more of their creativity and God glorifying music to beat the crap out of the secular out there :).

Reactions: Aish!
I find the same result for most bands. My favorite always ends up being the album that introduced me to the band, so in this case, I vote Mirror of Souls. While the newer songs may be more band-cohesive and more accessible, there will never be another Mirror of Souls or Bethlehem or Laying the Demon for me, they cannot be outmatched.

Reactions: Aish!
If I was gonna be stuck somewhere and could only take one album with me, it'd be 'As the World Bleeds'. I love all the albums, but. That would be my 'go to' album if I could only pick one.

Mirror of Souls gets my pick just because it's the first one I really listened to and the lyrics still hit hard. That being said, every Theocracy album is a masterpiece and far beyond the other power metal out there.

This is really a hard one for me but I think it is As the World bleeds bUT just barley over Ghost Ship but I mean like 51% to 49 % both are so good that I can listen to them on repeat for days and not get tired of them and really mirror of souls is right up with it.

Ok, so I am kind of new to Theocracy... My favorite bands have been Kansas, Yes, ELP, Dream Theater, Return to Forever, Rush, The Pink Floyd and so on. A friend introduced me to Theocracy's music... and I must say..... WOW.... Absolutely.... They have quickly jumped to number one on my playlist... Lyrically they are strong and thoughtful, musically challenging and for a composer/musician like me... I feel like they have set a new standard of excellence and not just for a "Christian Prog band." again, just my thoughts... and well ... Long Live Beethoven....