What kind of guitar should I get?

Well actually xenophobe, it looks like you can afford avoiding ibanez, hehe. Good for you, you live in USA. In france, a Jackson US flying V can cost about 3000$ Well that must be a custom model or something...

Originally posted by Nicky_M16
Well actually xenophobe, it looks like you can afford avoiding ibanez, hehe. Good for you, you live in USA. In france, a Jackson US flying V can cost about 3000$ Well that must be a custom model or something...

Actually, if you order one from a USA Jackson Dealer, like www.onlinestagegear.com or www.drumcityguitarland.com, you can have one shipped to you for under $2100 US, after taxes and import duties...

Save about a grand from what a French dealer would charge you...

A lot of money, but a lot of guitar...

I hate Jackson guitars....

Why not go for a s/h Les Paul and fit EMGs...... this will do your blues tones and your thrash tones through the right setup.

Other than that I agree with most other replies... Ibanez all the way.. something like a RG550 is a great guitar for virtually all genres and they are ultra reliable (I've had mine for 13yrs now...)

i am thinking of gettin a B.C rich nj series iron bird is this any good for metal (it looks fucking sweet). Oh and my friend has a schecter diamond series very good in the sound and looks and not very expensive at all.

Gibson sucks. Overpriced, and definitely lacking consistency from guitar to guitar.

Only get a Les Paul if you don't like playing the second octave of the neck...

Heavy as hell too.. will give you back problems.

While browsing this thread I noticed no one has mentioned any washburn guitars, what are peoples comments about them? They seem to be fairly popular in Australia. (Acoustics and Electrics)