What kind of music should make Amon Amarth for the next album you think??

i'm at the point of not believing amon can make a bad album... i agree with the man up that Johan has a very nice voice, as brutal as a voice can be, as he so nicely put it...

anyway, i cant wait for the new album...

fabalmighty said:
i asked them yesterday at bosuil/weert concert if they were gonna start recording a new album this year... they said they werent... probably not for another year

asked them face to face?? do u know anyone of group??

..when they come to Croatia to play on "festival"...the arrived 3 days earlier...
and I was there :D ...I came to Zadar by myself and i found them all drinking in a café place :D ....and I sit there..and they singed my AA t-shirt :D ....
and the Fridrik and I have a little chat..for about a 3 hours. :D ..in that time..Ted was just sitting there..because he was drunk as a horse :D ...other members where on the other side of table.....and so the story goes on and on... where no man has gone before :loco: :Spin: ..

1.in the time when FoN was recording..they were all in shity mood...the all sited in they corners of the room and play their thing..no conversation...no mixing ideas..nothing....even he said that FoN was album one step behind others.....and he didn't hide that...

2.he said that they have some new materials...and when they finish touring they will start to make new ones....
even it has been hard to him to describe me what are the new materials going to sound..he just said..mix of new and old...little more old... :D ..and it's probably going to be out 2006....

3.they are going to record one performance in Germany and put it on new official DvD... 2 hours of Live performance...mmmmmmmmm..... :D :D ....

4.Across The Rainbow Bridge..Johan wrote that song in difficult times of agony...his grandpa was on thin line of life and death..he had some cancer....

5.Bastards Of A Lying Breed...another one with "strong" lyrics....he wrote it in time when all was against them...nobody believe in them...they were on edge of breaking up...a time before Crusher.. :D

6.On my question about weeding and stuff ...he said he loves guys...and put arm around Ted... :D

7.they are all fuckin legends.... !!!!!!!!!!!! :worship: :worship:

>7.they are all fuckin legends.... !!!!!!!!!!!!

yeah we knew that but one can never say it enough times :)

as far as the lyrics and strong songs are concerned, the never dissapoint me there... gj..

I think that Fate of Norns was fine...Versus the World was better in my opinion, but its not like it was a shitty album or anything...I geuss it might just seem like that for some of you long time Amon Amarth fans, because you have all their older shit which you guys hold in the highest regards to compare it to. One thing I would like to hear on the next album, is bringing Fredricks base drums out more like, on Death in Fire. I am obsessed with double kick...Its pretty much Death in Fire that made me buy my pedal. So yeah...For me, that would really pick up the new album, although its not really anything to do with AA themselves, its the recording dude...Fuck that double kick sounds good in that song...Basic 16ths, but it is so huge...

in my opinion FoN is most mature album of them... they started with raw brutal force...and just force, nerves... over the albums the melodicity swifts in over and over...in the end resulted an omogen composition of FEELINGS...all is about feeling...the feeling that johan gets it or the listener gets in...for me FoN is one of best albums in metal...speaking abt maturity

Yeah I said that before -> A mixture between the old ruder albums and the new stuff...
Once sent from Golden Hall + VTW...would be a nice CD!
And of course, more solos!

You guys wait...I'm teaching myself to play "Death in Fire" on the drums...Once I perfect the fills Fredrik uses after 1:58 into the song...I will post it for you guys, and you will all see just how awesome/cool I am. I will send you autographs and signed sticks and shit...You will see...

I just want new album to be faster, Fate of norns is a little too slow. I wanna hear something like the rush part of A fury divine song throughout the whole album, that would be nice :)