What kind of music should make Amon Amarth for the next album you think??

Mar 5, 2005
Turkiye
i didnt like the last album "fate of norns"..could not satisfied us.. i think new album must be hard and too heavy as much as crusher at least..!!
and be sure that your requests will be read by group members.. these opinions can be create impact over them for the next album!!

i didnt say the fate of norns is so bad..! read down again pls..! it's not powerfull according to other albums, slow but strong however not satisfied me and most of fan!! waiting a wildly album!!

the guitar playing from Versus The World combined with Johan Hegg's lyrics in Fate Of Norns would be my ultimate dream!

Versus The World is still top number one for me and will be for a long time!

But I can´t but admire Hegg's brilliant voice in Fate Of Norns.

If I could combine these two things I think it would be enough to keep me satisfied until I die an old but happy man.

nah i think the lyrics in Versus the World are better. dont get me wrong,the lyrics in Fate of Norns are awsome but the lyrics of Vs the World are even more emotional and all, especially songs like Where Silent Gods Stand Guard and Across the Rainbow Bridge. also Thousand Years of Oppression and And Soon the World Will Cease to Be... well in brief the lyrics for Vs The World are unbeatable in my opinion.

I Think all AA needs is to add more solos like before and they should try to get a similar sound to the Vs The World album.. the fast and technical drums and the exhilerating riffs and fucking low vocals all squared up and violent :headbang:

i basically disagree, to me lyrics arn't anything. The music and vocals are everything. What would be the best is if AA started doing there fast shit again like OSFTGH and STTNW, these will always be AA's Best albums for the ongoing fans, I know most of you new guys will disagree but hey, if you were into aa when us select few were, you would know where we are comign from. But i know this will not happen so hey i give up hoping that, i just know will keep releasing killer albums though either way even if they arnt as good as their first releases.

this thread is for open-minded people
emotion-45.gif

PaganBlood said:
i basically disagree, to me lyrics arn't anything. The music and vocals are everything. What would be the best is if AA started doing there fast shit again like OSFTGH and STTNW, these will always be AA's Best albums for the ongoing fans, I know most of you new guys will disagree but hey, if you were into aa when us select few were, you would know where we are comign from. But i know this will not happen so hey i give up hoping that, i just know will keep releasing killer albums though either way even if they arnt as good as their first releases. But hey keep your ears out for the reformation of A Canorous Quintet, Sources tell me its VERY similar to early AA days. Amazing shit

although i'm a new fan (since VS the World) i totally agree, i love the sount of STTNW, and i've always said its too bad we only got 5 songs with that awsome sound. but this was a while ago so no one expects them to come back to that sound. OSFTGH is a killer too indeed, yet i feel VS the World is much more technical and enjoyable for me, although that first full length comes close behind.

I'd like to hear them do more songs like "The Sound of Eight Hooves" and "An Ancient Sign of Coming Storm" - Faster more Brutal songs with pummeling drums, bulldozer riffs, and classic epically insane Johan vocals. I don't think the lyrics have anything to do with a change in style in their music since their old stuff was based lyrically on Viking mythology as well. I always believed that AA's lyrics was what set them apart from the hordes of typical Death bands that are out there, and adds an identifiable cultural aspect.

Clean vocals... There's no need for Johan too grunt - his voice is already as fucking brutal as a man's can be.

then maybe a few accoustic guitars in one or two songs. NOTE: accoustic doesn't mean soft - just check out for example one of slayer's songs with accoustic guitars like spill the blood or 213. Of course the accoustic guitars in an AA song would have a more 'nordic' sound.

The maybe other instruments like signal horns, flute, luta and whats that funny little old medieval instrument which you play with your finger while sticking it in your mouth?

TheLastWithPaganBlood said:
Clean vocals... There's no need for Johan too grunt - his voice is already as fucking brutal as a man's can be.

then maybe a few accoustic guitars in one or two songs. NOTE: accoustic doesn't mean soft - just check out for example one of slayer's songs with accoustic guitars like spill the blood or 213. Of course the accoustic guitars in an AA song would have a more 'nordic' sound.

The maybe other instruments like signal horns, flute, luta and whats that funny little old medieval instrument which you play with your finger while sticking it in your mouth?
You mean a mouth harp? I think you just described Manegarm's music.

I think Fate of Norns was fine, it was much more viking metal influenced. By that, i mean that it sounds like the boys were on a steady diet of Bathory - Hammerheart and Nordland.

For the next album I would like to see them return to more of a Once Sent sound. Not a full return to the original sound, but bring back some of that aggressiveness. We need another song like Victorious March
headbang.gif

As much as I enjoy the new sound, I miss putting on a new AA album and having my head fucking ripped off and smashed against the gates of Valhalla.

i asked them yesterday at bosuil/weert concert if they were gonna start recording a new album this year... they said they werent... probably not for another year

I hate it when people say a band should stick with a certain sound, although I know it's natural to want that sound and all, it gets annoying and whiny like, like when everbody goes I want Metallica back to the MoP days...

Anyways, I thought the first half of FoN was pretty good, was kinda waiting for the punch, got to In Pursuit of Vikings and thought wow, cool song, but then I got to Ride of the Valkeries or whatever, and was tempted to skip that song...

Anyway, thought Crusher was a great sound, loved the old sound, the stuff in the bonus disc for VtW, but it sounds similar to a lot of other bands, even if it is better raw. One thing I think made VtW was variety, I mean, I never listened to AA before, saw them on yahoo's launchcast thing with the video and all (yeah, I'm one of those idiots who hopped onto the bandwagon :rolly eyes: ) and when I got VtW the first four songs blew me away, each conveyed different emotions and sounded unique, the rest of the album was awesome, but the first four :headbang: ...

Plain and simple, I think they shouldn't be constrained to what the fans want, they should go out, do their own thing, and make something unique, fans limitations often cripple a band and the range that the band will explore, think AC/DC, Fate of Norns wasn't bad guys, just wasn't super killer heavy, had different emotions in there. Although I will say, some of the lyrics really annoyed me, simple with emotion is good, primitive is good, but some of the lyrics didn't seem to be thought out as I had hoped.

a touch of Hootie and the Blowish amazing sound and lyrical content would do it for me

as the post below/above listed, they should do whatever feels right to them and not what others want, if you don't like the new or old stuff or whatever simply do not listen to it or start your own band and make it happen

1/2 once sent from the golden hall
1/2 versus the world

and a slight touch of avenger mixed in ;)