What Metal Means to Me

Dio Magic

New Metal Member
May 21, 2002
Indiana
Visit site
I'm glad their are still fans out there of true metal :headbang: what they are calling metal especially here in USA is not Metal it's crap , but not metal , metal is something you can feel all over your body inside and out :hotjump: when your listening to the song it gets you high :Smokin: Great metal bands like Tad Morose and Fates Warning and many many more are very powerful and and are fun to listen to in your car or at home :) When that lead Guitar kicks in , you are almost spell bound on every note :eek: as it hits you so hard , you want to feel every movement of his fingers on every string , then you hear those lyrics that make chills go all over you and you just know it can't get any better then this , and all of a sudden you hear a riff and your banging your head and raising your fist in the air and you feel so free from all the things that were bothering you that day :headbang: and your almost numb from the sounds that have filled you up inside :loco: and you listen as the song slowly fades away , instead of turning it all off and going and doing something else , you hit the repeat button and do it all over again :headbang: .

Pretty much the same here as well.
I'm so damn happy I got into Metal. I started quite late though....been 15/16 years old at that time.
Sometimes I believe that if I had done one thing right in my life then it is listening to Metal :headbang:

Only thing I dislike is the word tr00... :puke: it's soooo intolerant!!!
I'm a metal fan for over 30 years now (yes, I started very early), have heard different variantes of metal and do like most of them, but one thing I have never liked, that's the word tr00...

Hehe Silkie, reading this suddenly some words come to my mind......."whimps and posers leave the hall"
I cannot really decide between putting :rolleyes: , :lol: or :puke: behind that...... :D

O.K silkie.......what is tr00???............Oh and btw I have had that feeling on two different occasions in the last couple years....1st time was the weekend angeldust was in california last year....I thought I would never get to see them because of the way the music scene is here in the states,but my dream came true...the 2nd was last month when Iced Earth came to san fransisco... I felt like a kid again seeing my favorite bands....incredible feeling!!!

John a lot of people use tr00 here at UM, once I have seen this version: trÖÖ... hihihi... as a Scandinavian fan I should write it this way: trØØ

:lol:

The energy of metal is my motor in life! I eat sleep and breathe it. It determines almost all my hobbies and supporting metal has even become a goal in life instead of starting a family!!! I've been a metalhead for over 20 years. 30 years ago there was only heavy rock and hardrock, Silkie;) I've always loved that too, but didn't buy it yet. It really got started when I heard bands like Michael Schenker, Iron Maiden, Mercyful Fate and such in the early 80's! That's why I start my count there:)

oh and I like the term true.. it just stands (or at least it should!) for classic metal, referring to being true to the roots! I don't like too many different influences in metal (like in nu metal, crossover) so true metal fits me fine (see all my urls and email addy hehe). In black metal I see it being abused unfortunately - I reckon that's where your reference to intolerance is coming from, Silkie..