• Biomechanical- Eight Moons

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Strapping Young Lad- Alien

Votes: 4 10.8%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 7 18.9%

• Total voters
Zack said:
Well, I don't have endless money to spend, so I want to make the right choice. I play Guitar. I also think that you shouldn't base opinions on people if you don't play guitar. I play guitar.

good post

What the hell does playing guitar have to do with it? I thought someone insulted another guitarist again....:err:

Well, if it counts, I play four instruments, so I am superior to all of you. :devil:

Barking Pumpkin said:
What the hell does playing guitar have to do with it? I thought someone insulted another guitarist again....:err:

Well, if it counts, I play four instruments, so I am superior to all of you. :devil:

Nice!

I'm curious now what intruments you play ?

I only play one and have gained some respect since you play four. I'll be reading your opinions closer than anyone elses here. :D

really

...and Zach I enjoy Nevermore but don't waste your money on 'Enemies of Reality'. The only stand out track is I, Voyager.

I've played guitar for almost two years, done voice and saxophone training for a year each, and had piano training for about two years. Next semester I'm putting a hold on the piano and saxophone a bit so I can prepare to go to an arts highschool 11th and 12th grade, for guitar hopefully.

Barking Pumpkin said:
I've played guitar for almost two years, done voice and saxophone training for a year each, and had piano training for about two years. Next semester I'm putting a hold on the piano and saxophone a bit so I can prepare to go to an arts highschool 11th and 12th grade, for guitar hopefully.

!

I always thought you were a lot older...

Barking Pumpkin said:

Guitar-5 years
Drums-6 years
Bass-4 years
Trumpet-5 years awhile back, dont play anymore

Definetly not superior to everyone. There are a few more people here that seem to really really know there shit. Someone posted an awesome soundfile of himself a while back shredding.

cycobully said:
Alien is not one of the better SYL albums, IMO. I can't get into it at all.

Total opposite to me. I own and can only get into Alien from SYL, great disk.

Being able to play an instrument doesn't make your opinions more valid, The Greys.

BlackMetalTyrant said:
Guitar-5 years
Drums-6 years
Bass-4 years
Trumpet-5 years awhile back, dont play anymore

Definetly not superior to everyone. There are a few more people here that seem to really really know there shit. Someone posted an awesome soundfile of himself a while back shredding.

Yes, there are some awesome people here. Shredding by itself doesn't really mean you're good though. Case in point: Yngwie Malmsteen :D

Playing an instrument may not make your opinion more valid, but I would hope it changes your opinion somewhat. You know, some people are easily impressed by fast things, but playing for a while, I see that it's not a really huge deal, although a necessary skill, and it really takes something awesome to impress me. Of course, there are people like BlackMetalTyrant who I would guess don't know much about guitar since they think Dimebag Darrell is "bordering on virtuoso." It's not about how long you've been playing, but what you've learned and how you use it.

I've been playing guitar for almost 7 years with one year of lessons. I'd be better if I had some more lessons. I'm young so I can still get lessons,etc... I want to have a band but around here it's impossible. I have a friend that plays drums and we just have 2 person sessions, already have 3 songs. His sister had a acoustic guitar, when I was younger would play around with it. That's basically how I could into playing music.

I take it seriously but not to serious. It's about enjoyment to a certain degree but practicing is important.

I do think musicians here music more in depth than non players.

Barking Pumpkin said:
Playing an instrument may not make your opinion more valid, but I would hope it changes your opinion somewhat. You know, some people are easily impressed by fast things, but playing for a while, I see that it's not a really huge deal, although a necessary skill, and it really takes something awesome to impress me. Of course, there are people like BlackMetalTyrant who I would guess don't know much about guitar since they think Dimebag Darrell is "bordering on virtuoso." It's not about how long you've been playing, but what you've learned and how you use it.

Dont fucking judge my guitar ability unless you have personally heard me play you fucking faggot. Ive worked on my playing for a while and I don't appreciate some kid on the internet trying to talk shit about something he hasn't heard. Just because I like Dimebag doesn't mean shit. He was a good guitar player. Fuck you, Im sick of you queers bringing up Dime every fucking thread. Kiss my ass.

BlackMetalTyrant said:
Dont fucking judge my guitar ability unless you have personally heard me play you fucking faggot. Ive worked on my playing for a while and I don't appreciate some kid on the internet trying to talk shit about something he hasn't heard. Just because I like Dimebag doesn't mean shit. He was a good guitar player. Fuck you, Im sick of you queers bringing up Dime every fucking thread. Kiss my ass.

I'll admit I was a little out of line, but I was half responding to your responding to my joke with a serious comment as if I had somehow threatened your instrumental superiority.

>_<

It's not a contest anyway.

I don't care if you like Dimebag, but my point in the other thread was that he was not "bordering virtuoso" as you claimed. I don't think you ever responded to that either. I respect people who admit when they're incorrect, not just move on to some other point, and I try to do the same.

EDIT- I'm the best person at any instrument here, so my opinions are better than the Greys