What Opeth songs post-Still Life feature fretless bass?

batmura

Sea of Tranquility
Nov 1, 2001
www.seaoftranquility.org
I was just listening to "Face of Melinda" and thought how awesome the fretless bass sounds. It'd be cool if Mendez utilised more fretless.

Anyone know what other tunes have fretless? Speaking of which, is there any fretless on Watershed at all?

Cheers!

Hubster, where have you been bro? I loved reading your well-thought analyses.

I'm kind of confused about the posts I read from people commenting on the bass work on Watershed. Some say it's more noticeable while some say it's less audible.

I'm kind of confused about the posts I read from people commenting on the bass work on Watershed. Some say it's more noticeable while some say it's less audible.
Remember that theres the CD and the DVD mix. The bass guitar in the surround mix is often heard in the center channel, giving it a fairly substantial presence over previous releases. I admit though, I haven't given the CD too much of a listen to compare, but it seems to be slightly more buried in the mix from the short time I've had with it.

I haven't frequented this forum much since GR's release... I was very turned off that album, and mostly listen to Black Metal or Black Doom anyway, hence been busy in other forums...

I know there's some planted in GR as the fretless was listed for his equipment during those sessions. I'm almost positive there's some in Ghost of Perdition, but otherwise I'm not sure.

This reminds me, when i first got my fretless and I was playing high and it made the mwhuaa sound i thought it was broken. I think he used a fretless in Harlequin Forest.