What Opeth songs would you like to see covered by other bands?

Hey come on!

The Blue Man Group doing a medley of the endings of Deliverance and Harlequin Forest would be awesome! PVC Pipe Metal bitch!

MetalManCPA said:
Death Whispered a Lullaby - Johnny Cash (he did such an eerie rendition of Hurt - wish he was still around)

NIN version was better.

I don't know, I don't want to hear a cover until Opeth go retro. I want to be an old man listening to someone do a heartfelt rendition of Windowpane.

hibernal_dream said:
Great ideas guyz!! Some more -

Linkin Park - The Grand Conjuration
Korn - To Bid You Farewell
Nickelback - Harvest
Staind - Deliverance
Disturbed - Demon of the Fall
System Of A Down - Closure
Static X - Nectar

wow...................

Shania Twain - Godhead's Lament
Gwen Stefani - In Mist She Was Standing
Raffi - Master's Apprentices

i aint play this said:
Porcupine Tree- Death whispered a lullaby
considering steven wilson had a big part to do with this song in particular... thats a horrible idea

philza said:
considering steven wilson had a big part to do with this song in particular... thats a horrible idea

What is a horrible idea exactly? i just think it would be cool to hear this song in Wilson's voice, btw stop posting negative nonsense shit, are you Mr. Wrath's brother? or do you have a brilliant craptastic suggestion for a cover hidden inside your ass? i'm curious...and i know, Wilson wrote the lyrics, so what...

Lamb of God is disqualified for not having an actual singer, and they would not do that song justice.

My choice:

Arch Enemy - BlackWater Park, or (first half) of Demon of the Fall

hibernal_dream said:
System Of A Down - Closure

Though I don't think that paticular song would work, I think System could do a decent (if heavily modified, which is the way I like covers) cover of an Opeth song. Probably something off Damnation also.

Bierbommetje said:
Though I don't think that paticular song would work, I think System could do a decent (if heavily modified, which is the way I like covers) cover of an Opeth song. Probably something off Damnation also.

Hmm, now that I think of it, they (System) might be able to do a decent cover of Bleak. Thats kind of up their ally with the Middle-Eastern influences. Daron could do the chorus. They should ditch some sections maybe. Or they could bring it down to (old) System length, but that would require drastic modification. But, hey, what's the use of a cover doing the exact same thing as the original?

I think it would work.

Camel - Benighted
Anne-Lie Ryde - Harlequin Forest
Tool - Ghost of Perdition
Nick Drake - Patterns in the Ivy II
Morbid Angel - Masters Apprentices

imo

steel102 said:
Nick Drake - Patterns in the Ivy II

id pay big bucks to see that...!!!.........only he could improve on the original...!!.........PEAC EOUT