What Peter said about Damnation in the new BW&BK

OpethPat

May 29, 2001
Visit site
From BW&BK #65

'No song titles are done yet, I know that Mike has written lyrics for some of it. Theres going to be nine songs I think...between eight and ten, it depends. For the first time we actually recorded more songs than we need for an album. We'll probably cut out a few songs. They will all be shorter than the standard songs we do. There won't be blasting kick drum, no death metal vocals, no super heavy guitars. It's actually going to be a rock album, like a Led Zeppelin III style. It's going to be heavy but acoustic heavy. It's still dark but with clean vocals. There are distorted guitars but not the heavy riffs. It's an album that's really different from anything we've done before. This is an album that should probably appeal to loads of people, even outside the Death Metal world. My mum would probably like it, or my dad. It's a heavy album but it doesn't have the elements like the screaming vocals.'

A classic rock album???
Is that what he's saying...
I was under the impression that it was going to be all acoustical...
should be interesting...

If it is like "Face Of Melinda" caliber, I can only imagine what the rest of the album sounds like. I can't wait for Damnation!:eek: :hotjump: :headbang: :worship:

Originally posted by OpethPat
From BW&BK #65

'No song titles are done yet, I know that Mike has written lyrics for some of it. Theres going to be nine songs I think...between eight and ten, it depends. For the first time we actually recorded more songs than we need for an album. We'll probably cut out a few songs. They will all be shorter than the standard songs we do. There won't be blasting kick drum, no death metal vocals, no super heavy guitars. It's actually going to be a rock album, like a Led Zeppelin III style. It's going to be heavy but acoustic heavy. It's still dark but with clean vocals. There are distorted guitars but not the heavy riffs. It's an album that's really different from anything we've done before. This is an album that should probably appeal to loads of people, even outside the Death Metal world. My mum would probably like it, or my dad. It's a heavy album but it doesn't have the elements like the screaming vocals.'

This sounds really good!!!

Woooh, sounds really cool to me.

Although, I hope it isn't going to be too "soft". I like what Peter says here: "It's going to be heavy but acoustic heavy. It's still dark but with clean vocals." I hope it will be like the acoustic parts in "Under the Weeping Moon" or something else Orchid-ish. No cyrup Opeth acoustics (Still Life, BWP - esque) for me, thanks. :)