What pisses me off

yea i know.
but its hard to get a place if i have time off work.
i have to be out of my place in like 3 weeks, i cant worry about my health.
im more worried about where im gonna be living.

Better to push yourself now than risk fucking up things at work so early on. The general rule of thumb is wait at least 12 working days before you start bludging and rorting shit from work.

Depends what kind of work it is really... You could get away with going to a non-stressful job with moderate physical labor and still recover from the flu, but if you are going to go into a work place that is stressful, or requires deadlines or a lot of physical labor, you might suffer for longer.

This was just weird..... I was having a shitty morning and said to the receptionist that "it's one of those days I wish I owned a shotgun". I explained why (massive argument with a supplier)... we both had a laugh. Then made a stupid joke that "just hope I never come to work in a trenchcoat". All said VERY flippantly and obviously joking

After I got back from lunch I was pulled into the Finance Manager's office by my boss. Sat me down to have a "talk"..... apparently the receptionist had taken me seriously and was "worried". The manager mentioned that I've had some time off recently and asked if my job was really "that stressful". I didn't know whether to laugh at the fact they thought I was serious.... or be offended that they'd actually believe me capable of murder!

I re-assured them it was just a stupid joke and my boss agreed that the time I've had off has been for legitimate health reasons (migraines and a bitchin' dose of the flu).

I felt weird for the rest of the day because it's made me feel like I can't joke around anymore without anyone raising an eyebrow

haha

It really took me by surprise... when the manager said "we have a problem" I was waiting for them to say something like "we got the internet bill and you're using it all" or some crap like that. I didn't expect a flippant comment to come back around on me

I'll be watching what I say around the office from now on... not that I talk much anyway

This damn irritating cough is pissing me off. Got it off a friend, who I'm pretty sure got given it back to him, by me lol.
Also being at school at 7am Monday to hand in Art major work :Smug:

Haha you poor thing! I have to be in really early too so i can display my Design & Tech. 3 major projects, and that is the LAST of them. I am soooooo going to the pub tomorrow night, i haven't done anything 18 like since i turned 18!

If it's that hard to get back over here... how'd you get here in the first place? Can't you just do whatever that was again?

we got our visa in 2000. it was a long stay business visa that i dad applied for because he met all their criterion (i.e. they needed people to do his job, he has experience, a sponsor, etc.).
I was under 18 when he got it so they gave it to us as well because we were dependants.
i'm over 18 now and couldn't apply for my dad's visa.
so this is basically the only way i could go back.

we got our visa in 2000. it was a long stay business visa that i dad applied for because he met all their criterion (i.e. they needed people to do his job, he has experience, a sponsor, etc.).
I was under 18 when he got it so they gave it to us as well because we were dependants.
i'm over 18 now and couldn't apply for my dad's visa.
so this is basically the only way i could go back.

Call me un-learned whatever but i thought when you get married to a native so to speak , you somehow gained residency?