What pre-Bush songs have they done with John?

Deege

Aug 15, 2002
Ohio
www.sdmfworldwide.com
Just curious, does anyone know of a definative list of what Joey and Neil era songs that the band has done live with John?
Obviously, all of Greater Of Two Evils we've heard (well, a couple from GOTE may not have been played for a crowd, but technically the album was recorded live anyway). I'm compiling a list. Feel free to add to the list if I've missed one that John's definatly performed with them.

Deathrider
Metal Thrashing Mad
Panic
Anthrax

A.I.R.
Lone Justice
Madhouse
Armed And Dangerous (swear I saw a video of it long ago but haven't seen it since - might have just been part of the song)
Gung Ho

Among The Living
Caught In A Mosh
I Am The Law
NFL
Indians

Be All, End All
Antisocial

Parasite

Keep It In The Family
In My World
Belly Of The Beast
Got The Time

Bring The Noise
Startin' Up a Posse

For some reason I reckon they've done Now Its Dark at some point as a once off, but I could very well be wrong. Apart from that your list looks spot on to me.

I didn't know they did Now It's Dark. Anyone know what tour?
I think it'd be cool to hear John sing some of that stuff, like Out Of Sight, Out Of Mind, Medusa, Time, Blood, etc.

I didn't know they did Now It's Dark. Anyone know what tour?
I think it'd be cool to hear John sing some of that stuff, like Out Of Sight, Out Of Mind, Medusa, Time, Blood, etc.

It'd be cool hear John singing old albums

John sang "Startin' Up a Posse." That was pre-Bush even though Scott sang lead.

You are correct about only playing a portion of "Armed and Dangerous" live. I believe that was the European leg of the Volume 8 tour, which wasn't very long. They also played part of the intro to "Time" while John was in the band but never including any lyrics.

Does playing "Pipeline" on the Sound of White Noise tour count? Hah.

Otherwise, I think your list is complete. They never did "Now It'd Dark" after Joey's last show in 1992. They might have done it once or twice on the reunion, but I don't think so.

OK Cool.

Now, let's compile a list of other songs (Bush era and covers) that they've done live with Bush singing!

Potters Field
Only
Room For One More
Packaged Rebellion
Invisible
Hy Pro Glo
1000 Points Of Hate
Black Lodge
This Is Not An Exit

Random Acts Of Senseless Violence
Fueled
King Size
Riding Shotgun
Nothing
In A Zone
Tester

Crush
Catharsis
Inside Out
Born Again Idiot
Toast To The Extras
Big Fat
Cupajoe

What Doesn't Die
Superhero
Refuse To Be Denied
Safe Home
Anyplace But Here
Nobody Knows Anything
Black Dahlia
Cadillac Rock Box
Taking The Music Back

Covers:
Antisocial
Got The Time
Thieves
Parasite
Pipeline
Killers
Looking Down The Barrel Of A Gun
Protest & Survive
Fucking Hostile
A New Level
Whole Lotta Rosie
Whiplash
Solar Angels
Fast As A Shark
She
Auf Wiedersehen
Dethroned Emperor
Celebrated Summer
Phantom Lord
Black Sabbath
Hallowed Be Thy Name
Walk All Over You

Those last 3 I am unsure of - they are in your signature, jdelphi...were they done during the Bush years?

oh shit, I'd like to hear that:

Superhero
Anyplace But Here
Cadillac Rock Box
Taking The Music Back

Thieves
Parasite
Pipeline
Protest & Survive
Black Sabbath
Hallowed Be Thy Name
Walk All Over You

Jdelpi,

That's all correct. And they never did "Now It's Dark" on the reunion tour.

Now, let's compile a list of other songs (Bush era and covers) that they've done live with Bush singing!

Big Fat was performed at one of the 2 Chicago HOB shows on the V8 tour.

Born Again Idiot was performed in London on the V8 tour.

Toast To The Extras was performed in Osaka, Japan on the V8 tour.

King Size was played in Houston in December of 1995.

Packaged Rebellion was performed in Milan, Italy in May of 1993.

As for covers, you can add these to your list:

Solar Angels (Judas Priest) was performed at the Palace Of Auburn Hills, MI on the last show of the Priest tour in February of 2002.

Fast As A Shark (Accept) was performed in Germany in the summer of 2003 but I can't remember which city it was.

Looking Down The Barrel Of A Gun (Beastie Boys) and She (Kiss) were performed on the SOWN tour.

I think there are a few more covers that I'm forgetting, but if I think of them, I'll post them later.

Jdelpi,

That's all correct. And they never did "Now It's Dark" on the reunion tour.

Big Fat was performed at one of the 2 Chicago HOB shows on the V8 tour.

Born Again Idiot was performed in London on the V8 tour.

Toast To The Extras was performed in Osaka, Japan on the V8 tour.

King Size was played in Houston in December of 1995.

Packaged Rebellion was performed in Milan, Italy in May of 1993.

As for covers, you can add these to your list:

Solar Angels (Judas Priest) was performed at the Palace Of Auburn Hills, MI on the last show of the Priest tour in February of 2002.

Fast As A Shark (Accept) was performed in Germany in the summer of 2003 but I can't remember which city it was.

Looking Down The Barrel Of A Gun (Beastie Boys) and She (Kiss) were performed on the SOWN tour.

I think there are a few more covers that I'm forgetting, but if I think of them, I'll post them later.

Cool, thanks for the info. I actually had Looking Down The Barrel Of A Gun in my list under SOWN and was cut it and was going to paste it under covers and forgot to paste it down there. I also have that Italy 1993 bootleg with Packaged Rebellion on it - don't know how I missed it in the tracklist.

I revised my post to add everything.

When did they play Anyplace But Here? I knew they did, just don't remember when - that's the only track off of WCFYA that they've played live that I didn't see them do. I saw them perform Taking The Music Back for the first time ever (they played it live to rehearse it, because they were filming the video the next day in Chicago)...and I saw them do Cadillac Rock Box in Toledo in 2003 (the only time Anthrax has played in Toledo in their entire career).

Rob's first with Anthrax... Thrash of the Titans the Chuck Billy Benefit! August 11, 2001

Last edited by a moderator:
When did they play Anyplace But Here? I knew they did, just don't remember when - that's the only track off of WCFYA that they've played live that I didn't see them do.
Justin will have to verify this just to make sure, but I'm 90% sure it was at Chicago Heights, IL with Joey Vera playing bass. I can't find the exact date, but I thought it was in the spring of 2004.

They did a bit of So What'cha Want from The Beastie Boys (with Scott on vox) on the SOWN tour in Fitchburg Massachusetts too.
It was broadcast on WBCN that night and I have a cassette recording of the whole show.

they did a bit of dethroned emperor with belly of the beast!!

and they played with motorhead, I think Charlie went out for overkill

They did a bit of So What'cha Want from The Beastie Boys (with Scott on vox) on the SOWN tour in Fitchburg Massachusetts too.
It was broadcast on WBCN that night and I have a cassette recording of the whole show.

I remember them doing this song at Hammerjack's in Baltimore April of 94. Wow, 15 years ago. I was 16. My dad had to slip the door man some cheddar to let me and my buddy in because it was an 18 and over show.

OK Cool.

Potters Field
Only
Room For One More
Packaged Rebellion
Hy Pro Glo
1000 Points Of Hate
Black Lodge
This Is Not An Exit

Random Acts Of Senseless Violence
Fueled
King Size
Riding Shotgun
Nothing
In A Zone

Crush
Catharsis
Inside Out
Born Again Idiot
Toast To The Extras
Big Fat
Cupajoe

What Doesn't Die
Superhero
Refuse To Be Denied
Safe Home
Anyplace But Here
Nobody Knows Anything
Black Dahlia
Cadillac Rock Box
Taking The Music Back

Covers:
Antisocial
Got The Time
Thieves
Parasite
Pipeline
Killers
Looking Down The Barrel Of A Gun
Protest & Survive
Fucking Hostile
A New Level
Whole Lotta Rosie
Whiplash
Solar Angels
Fast As A Shark
She
Black Sabbath
Hallowed Be Thy Name
Walk All Over You

Those last 3 I am unsure of - they are in your signature, jdelphi...were they done during the Bush years?
You can add Invisible, Auf Wiedersehen, Tester, Dethroned Emperor, Celebrated Summer, and Phantom Lord to the list. And I could swear they did Bordello of Blood once or twice at the beginning of the Misfits tour, but have no proof, just cloudy memories.

I think they played a bit of 'for whom the bell tolls' with Joey Vera on bass

now, it'd really cool if next to the song we put (if we can find the songs) a link to hear/watch it.

I remember them doing this song at Hammerjack's in Baltimore April of 94. Wow, 15 years ago. I was 16. My dad had to slip the door man some cheddar to let me and my buddy in because it was an 18 and over show.
I must've been 25 at that point. Man that makes me feel so old!
That Fitchburg show was great though. John Bush dedicated Bring The Noise to Reggie Lewis (Boston Celtic player who passed away) and the place went nuts!