What records do you think need a proper reissue? SOUND OFF!

What about Mace? The crossover/thrash band - the ones that did "Process Of Elimination" and "The Evil In Good". Some great smoking thrashing tunes there. Plus they are supposed to be active now.

I actually just pulled out my MACE album yesterday. haha, I had heard they reissued it already but not 100% sure on that.

If anyone can find contact info for them now, PLEASE pass it along.

This one (and the following one) deserves some exposure. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Both albums are great examples of very solid unsung thrash albums. Acridity is more Exodus/Testament-styled thrashing with some hints of heavy metal and Affliction is balls-out Dark Angel/Slayer beatdown. Both would be great targets for a reissue. And it the case of Acridity - a remaster.

Yeah you're right! The production could have done better on the Acridity album but it has a very raw energy so I almost like how it is.
That Affliction album always remembers me on Vio-Lence anyhow especially the later stuff where they incorporated more Hardcore elements in their sound esp. Nothing to Gain. Don't ask me why.
It should definitly getting reissued!

Reverend is being done so what about other US metal legends - Malice? It would be awesome to have both of their classic albums reissued and remastered with the Divebomb treatment.

Those Wounded Bird reissues weren't very exciting, were they?

Let's just say I will NEVER EVER buy a Wounded Bird reissue ever again. I know they are legal and all but with packaging that minimal....forget it!

Let's just say I will NEVER EVER buy a Wounded Bird reissue ever again. I know they are legal and all but with packaging that minimal....forget it!

they are just the minor leagues for Rhino Records. their volume of releases is impressive, but that volume decreases the quality. Also, the label isn't into it for the fans they are into it for the money (which we all are to a certain extent as business owners) which leads to the assembly line style of packaging/design.

they are just the minor leagues for Rhino Records. their volume of releases is impressive, but that volume decreases the quality. Also, the label isn't into it for the fans they are into it for the money (which we all are to a certain extent as business owners) which leads to the assembly line style of packaging/design.

I would accept the packaging and the design if there was remastering but in most cases there is none to be had. That is why those Malice discs sound really quiet and without any bite. I really wish someone would remaster those two albums (and the EP) because there is some awesome music on there.

I would accept the packaging and the design if there was remastering but in most cases there is none to be had. That is why those Malice discs sound really quiet and without any bite. I really wish someone would remaster those two albums (and the EP) because there is some awesome music on there.

I agree on their remastering and even had an email convo with the owner YEARS ago complaining to him. he made up some excuse of the originals sounded fine as is. hahaha.

I had the Malice on original japanese import and the WB reissues were the same audio if I remember they didn't even try and update them sonically. There have been a few I have purchased that are randomly remastered. Going from memory they were...

LOUDNESS Thunder In The East
and the two TANGIER albums.

Sometimes if an album is making it's first appearance on CD it gets a current mastering job but if having been on CD before I just assume the original audio.

Which I am curious to hear their KICK AXE reissues.

I didn't even know they were doing Kick Axe.

Weren't the Europe albums remastered?

That is because Wounded Bird has possibly the BEST promotional campaigns on the planet. haha.

http://www.woundedbird.com/kick_axe/

I believe the Europe's were remastered, probably because Sony had them in the vault remastered from European or Japanese pressings because it's not like he would come out of pocket for something like that. haha. at least that is not how our emails went down.

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but how about Mania's Changing Times? You're on a roll with German speed metal between Scanner and Crows, and these guys fit that mould as well. I know that Shadow Kingdom Records is selling some copies, but I can never tell what's a boot on their site and what isn't.

Agony Column's three albums could demand some interest. I've never actually heard them but what I've read has certainly grabbed my attention.

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but how about Mania's Changing Times? You're on a roll with German speed metal between Scanner and Crows, and these guys fit that mould as well. I know that Shadow Kingdom Records is selling some copies, but I can never tell what's a boot on their site and what isn't.

If it looks like an original pressing I am sure it's a boot.

I haven't checked in on the Mania's just yet and licensing options. Mordred is up next from a Noise band.