What set Should They Play?

I'm no sure Dan cos I thought what they played last year in Tut's was just sensational and it would be cool to have a repeat performance but it would be good as well to hear a few different songs. Saxon were mindblowing last year and I'm getting slightly whipped up into a frenzy at the thought of seeing them again in about 2 weeks time.

Where were you standing at Tut's - were you right doon the front lol!! I was about 5 rows back for Dream Evil and when Saxon came on I stood on a bench on the left,, so I got a really great view over everyone's heads and got some good photos.

I'd like to hear both the Lionheart and the classic sets at the Cleveland gig... I know that would probably take all night but it would be "fookin fabulous"...
one song that I would definitely love to hear, especially since Nigel is back on the drums, is "Great White Buffalo" thrown in as the second or third encore!

-Imp

As much songs from Lionheart as possible, this will not be the last time I'm going to see them so I can hear their classic another time.

hopefully alot of the classics, last time i saw them on the lionheart tour they were great but as im not such a fan of lionheart wouldnt like them to play as many songs from it.

They should play more of their epic songs like rainbow theme/frozen rainbow and midas touch, alot of the rocky 80s stuff and then some killing ground which i believe was a sensational album!:headbang: :headbang:

The Lionheart set will do nicely as I was on holiday in America for last year`s tour. Not sure about doing "Lionheart" in Scotland though !?!?. With Nigel back behind the drums you have to include Warrior as well !.

Hell I would just be happy if they came to Seattle and played anything they pleased, it has been way to long since they were here, last time they were to play here was the Unleash The Beast tour

Saxon Rock! Hope they play all the 80s classics at Edinburgh this month. King Tuts blew me away last time! Can't wait cos I will be DYING from exhaustion!!!

I think saxon should go for a mixture of Lionheart and 80s material.
Lionheart is such a great album that it would be a waste not to play any songs of it, saw them in london on the lionheart tour amazing seen em 20 times and that gig had to be the best so far. See ya in bradford saxon :headbang:

I am going to the Hardenberg gig and I want as many new songs as possible. I mean,they play the old classics anyway! But since this gig is being rescheduled I am sure we get the LIONHEART set...at least I hope so!

Well the Berlin gig was fantastic. But then again, so was the Astoria and Wolverhampton gigs! Whatever set Saxon play, they will always play the standard songs like 'Wheels Of Steel', '747', 'Princess Of The Night' etc. It was great to hear all the old songs again, but lets face it, the new songs arn't exactly crap are they?!! I reckon the Lionheart set, but with some of the NWOBHM set thrown in too. Songs like 'Frozen Rainbow', 'Stand Up And Be Counted', 'Stallions Of The Highway' etc.

After having seen some 20 shows over the past few years, I thought the recent "Night out with the boys" set brought some really fresh air into the set...Looks as if the band enjoyed it just as much as I did...
I hardly enjoyed a Saxon show as much as I did Ludiwgsburg on thursday for years....with the exception of the classic Nuremberg shows with epic lengths of up to 2 1/2h and more....was told that they added a new Nuremberg date for january at the legendary "Hirsch"...check the tour date saction soon for that and more..

Karsten said:
After having seen some 20 shows over the past few years, I thought the recent "Night out with the boys" set brought some really fresh air into the set...Looks as if the band enjoyed it just as much as I did...
I hardly enjoyed a Saxon show as much as I did Ludiwgsburg on thursday for years....with the exception of the classic Nuremberg shows with epic lengths of up to 2 1/2h and more....was told that they added a new Nuremberg date for january at the legendary "Hirsch"...check the tour date saction soon for that and more..

Yeah I think you are right Karsten. The band seemed to really enjoy themselves at Berlin. They were smiling and well into it, anyone would think they were a new band not used to all the adulation, rather than a band that have been around near on 30 years! By the way Karsten, can you do a setlist if you can remember it. I need to be reminded what songs I saw (blame it on the good German beer! :headbang: )

Wilks - Nah don't suppose Biff does read this board (although supposedly he does!). Well we shall see. Because if he does read this board, then no doubt Biff will say at the Dudley gig "This next one is for Paxoman, the greatest member of the Saxon forum, this one is called Sea Of Life"! :lol: Mind you, I'd be happy if said I was a tosser so long as he played the bloody song! :lol: