What set Should They Play?

looks like I will get to see the boys in Cleveland at the Beachland Ballroom. I for one would like to see like a best of Saxon show. here is a few songs that wold be on the top of my list. Broken Heroes, Dallas 1PM, Sailing To America, Dogs Of War, Wheels Of Steel, Midas Touch, Princess Of The Night.... HELL what ever they do will be good with me. I'm just glad they are coming. and if the band is reading this it sure would be nice to get some pictures with you guys. thanks for Sailing To America:headbang:

Hi again,

yeah..haven`t been to the message board for quite some time...got married, quited my job in Munich, bought an old timbered house from the 17th century at the Lake Constance..I was busy..:)

Here`s the setlist from the Ludwigsburg/Germany show October 6th 2005 @ "Rockfabrik"

1.Motorcycle Man
2.Play It Loud
3.Strong Arm Of The Law
4.Stallions Of The Highway
5.The Power And The Glory
6.The Frozen Rainbow
7.Suzie Hold On
8.Stand Up And Be Counted
9.The Eagle Has Landed
10.To Hell And Back Again
11.Redline (not to be confused with the "Thin Red Line")
12.Never Surrender
13.Denim And Leather
14.747 - Strangers In The Night
15.Wheel of Steel
16.Crusader
17.Princess Of The Night
18.Heavy Metal Thunder

Total 1h46min

Songs performed during soundcheck were The Frozen Rainbow, Dragons Lair, To Live By The Sword (small edit), Unleash the Beast (edit) and a few improvisations with just guitar and drums....

Cheers Karsten. That is pretty much the same setlist as Berlin except for Saxon played for two hours. So there must be a few more songs they played in Berlin. One other song that they did play was 'And The Bands Played On'. On my list on the other thread I said Saxon played either 'Midnight Rider' or 'Out Of Control from Denim and Leather. But you have reminded me that it was actually 'Play It Loud'.

Congratulations on your marriage. It sounds like you have been very busy! Good luck with the new house.

20 Years since my first Saxon gig they return to Edinburgh in October. Why not play the same set as that tour, Innocence Is No Excuse! Funny the Band don't seem to have changed that much, I wish I could say the same. I Will try and squeeze into the old Tour t-shirt, don't fancy my chances though!!

Hi there Wilks,

thank you for the kind words here...hope to check in more often in the future.As far as my memory is concerned and the mentioned "attention to details"..having a "digital memory" :) helps a lot here...

I`d have so much to share as far as the gig in Ludwigsburg is concerned, let`s see if I find the time to write it down here.Especially nice was the talk with Nibbs I had, extra nice chap!

One thing that really comes to mind over and over again is how DAMN GREAT Nigel was ...His drumming sounded and looked so slack and relaxed and had so much life in it, so much better than Fritz and especially Joerg who sounded just too precise and sterile, almost like he wanted to compete with an atomic clock

Best,

Karsten

Paxoman said:
Cheers Karsten. That is pretty much the same setlist as Berlin except for Saxon played for two hours. So there must be a few more songs they played in Berlin. One other song that they did play was 'And The Bands Played On'. On my list on the other thread I said Saxon played either 'Midnight Rider' or 'Out Of Control from Denim and Leather. But you have reminded me that it was actually 'Play It Loud'.
Since they shot the video in Hamburg and did another audio recording at the show in Berlin, I understand that they played longer sets these nights simply to have more to choose from later.

"And the bands played on" is one of my favorite Saxon tunes, would have been cool if they`d have included it in the set since it is one of the the shortest Saxon tracks...but I`m more than pleased with what I heard and saw..

For the U.S. tour, I think the band should play more of their new songs, maybe from unleash the beast and on. I had to go on ebay and buy Killing Ground and Metalhead from all over the place. Lionheart was released here in the U.S., but nothing else besides Heavy Metal Thunder. People would but Lionheart here if it got any play on the radio.