What Stupid Thing Have You Done?

Red Shirt

Aug 1, 2002
Huntington Beach, Ca, USA
Visit site
I thought I'd spawn off a new thread from Timewarrior2001's "Injury forces me to temporarily stop playing guitar". In that thread I was thinking everybody has made a stupid mistake, well, let's hear them. What is the stupidest thing you have ever done?

Timewarrior2001's was doing something we all know we should not do (and he knew it when he did it) - in his case, cutting something with a knife towards himself, and yes it slipped and made a nasty cut. Oh, he had a list of more too.

My stupidest move was punching a door and breaking my hand. I still shake my head at how stupid that was. You can be sure that I'll NEVER do that again! The funny thing was when I was in emergency, the doctor said he broke his hand doing the same thing, then a cop came in and started chatting with me and said he broke his hand doing the same thing. Pretty crazy. Needless to say, I didn't feel alone.

I can keep these going easily.

"Playing" a gig, I was so drunk I fell off the stage, guitar and all. Funnily enough I was sacked from the band shortly after.

Pulling a carpet gripper up using a pair of pliers, I slipped and got the end of the plier handle across the bridge of my nose.

Picked a fight with doorstaff at a nightclub (I was extremely drunk) because they dared me to drop a jack daniels glass over a wall and down a significant drop. All I remember is suddenly going backwards down some concrete setps and getting into a right brawl.

Riding my mates Vespa scooter through his house and demolishing his dining room table (and almost killing everyone from the effects of a 2 stroke engine in a confined space.) Because I forgot where the brake was.

Playing with fireworks as a teenager.....about 17 or 18. We were once again at mymates house.....he was older......I was trying to launch a firework into the hall way, but the bastard shut the door and held it shut leaving me and 4 others in a room with an airbomb.
My ears rang for about a week, all you saw was bodies dive behind furniture and under the bed.

Tied a friend to an electric fence.....was awesome that one.

so come on then......lets here it from everyone else.

Playing with fireworks as a teenager.....about 17 or 18. We were once again at mymates house.....he was older......I was trying to launch a firework into the hall way, but the bastard shut the door and held it shut leaving me and 4 others in a room with an airbomb.
My ears rang for about a week, all you saw was bodies dive behind furniture and under the bed.

I would pay good money to see that one!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Of the vast plethora of stupid things I've done, one I might divulge would be,

... an incident when I was about 12 years old. I bought a mail-order bullwhip from the back of a magazine, and proceeded to become a master of the art.

Aside from leaving large welts across my thighs, back, neck and face ... I still shudder to remember the time I laid it deftly across me privates.
:OMG:
'Twas a special moment of stupidity, and one I'll not likely forget.

As the architect said in The Matrix, "The problem is choice."

You never know which choice is going to be the right one.