What the...

Occam's Razor

Andreas - LotFP
Feb 19, 2002
Ste-Adèle, Quebec
Hell, I am living in metal diaspora here, and nobody gives me a clue about the current status of these pages here as well as their printed counterpart. I recently met some chaps from Finland here and realized that I actually know another person from there... Jim, does your email-account have an aversion against incoming messages from French Canada, are you dead or what?

Sorry to ask this here in "public"... hardly anybody seems to drop by here anyway...

Hang that bed! :headbang:

The situation:

I still don't have my own place (the problem isn't rent, it's the "first month's rent + two months deposit"), and almost everything except the computer, a few books, and my clothes are in storage. Including the music collection. Don't have a proper stereo... picked up the latest Gates of Slumber finally last week while up in Tampere. Haven't even been able to listen to it front-to-back yet.

So having no access to my music collection, new music coming in at the rate of maybe an album a month, not to mention a lack of money to dump on publishing... LotFP's not dead, but it's sleeping. I suppose I could just download a bunch of stuff and then throw reviews on the website, but, ahh... boy would that just feel wrong. :p

Not staying idle though... doing a lot of RPG writing... for a few reasons... A- No constant input needed. I'm running on the same source material I was using in 1985. Doesn't cost anything. B- When I do publish something (and I've done exactly one thing), it's not an assumed money pit. Only one thing is out so far, and that's being re-released for retail distribution (license deal, I didn't just sign it away... :p) in November.

This is where my ramblings end up most often these days.

I started that after reading the Grognardia blog. I swear it's a RPG version of Burns. :p

Read this post and tell me the similarities to False Metal and Impure Metal aren't there.

Hmmm, I should advertise this stuff a little here among my colleagues. There are indeed a lot here who love the classical style of playing rpgs (probably annoyed of sitting in front of the screen as a job; video rpgs are the killers of social ability anyway).

So I will pass the "metal diaspora" cup on to you to be fair, as you are still a lot worse off than me.

I nevertheless wonder if there are actually more people speaking English where you are than here, haha!

I will get the new Falcon album to write something wise about, and for the moment, I have to appease the Atlantean Kodex guys a little, as they still wait for something...