What was the best moment of your life so far?

@KC: Even though the story is pretty common, it's still sad :cry: . Sorry that that happened to ye, I'm sure ye didn't deserve it. I think the worse part is that they live so near your home hehe. Have ye considering breaking into her house?

Like Ivana, I have had a lot of nice time qith my lads too, I specially recall the extra-greasy "Family Pizza" friends with my lad Fabricio (I love ye :oops: !), ans some hang outs with my lads at the Uni.

Concerning the thing of looking to other women, I partially agree with Undie and with the guys of "the other side" (hehe). I mean, because sometimes you really cannot help it. and you just look at a girl and think: "Oh she's really fucking hot." I must admit I have been driven into temptation quite a lot of times (as Undie knows), but even though I have considered it, I will never, ever, cheat on Mrs. Gigi. I think I've s"survived" a lot of temptations (specially in die Uni hehe), but I will never cheat on my girl.

And I'm sure Mrs.Gigi has looked at other guys too, and I know that, and she knows I look at other girls sometimes, but we don't make a bug fuzz about it.

On the day that would have been our 3 year anniversary I was gonna break in and smear pigs blood all over everything... :lol:... I ended up staying in and writing a song called black morning, which is one of my personal favourites.

Speaking of that, The moment my band kicked into the intro track at my first ever gig (recently) was pretty amazing. All the hairs stood up on my neck and I felt all out of body and cool. We had a 2 minute long sample of storm sounds edited to sound kind of digital and disturbing to lead us into the track, and those two minutes were two of the longest minutes of my life. The sound guy was ace though, and did us a rather fun lighting show.

plintus said:
You are not the best fucking thing in the world to expect such behavior from someone else. This is normal if you are fucking frigid. Or something.
I don't pretend to be the best thing in the world, but i don't think i have to be that to expect that from her. Besides, it's not like i'm forcing her to do something; she was already that kind of person before we met.

Kov said:
Not to sound too extreme, but I do agree with this. Hell, my gf asks me to look at other girls probably about as much as I look myself. (Ok, half the time it's the "Is she prettier than me?" trick, but I've got that down pat by now.) Hell, she probably looks at other girls more than me. (Stop now, plintus... it's for fashion. Mostly.) I know she looks at other guys, but between the fact that she's at MIT now (so by comparison, I'm hot shit) and the fact that I... I dunno... trust her, I don't mind. The only time I've ever taken exception to it is the constant "why don't you have arms like him?" to which I respond "I started lifting in June, gimme a break!". Hell, most of the time, looking at other people makes me appreciate what I have even more. I guess that's because I lucked out (not to sound excessively shallow) with her in the looks department. I can honestly say that I may look, but I have no desire to be with anyone else.
Well, we don't like it. I think we have the right to think like that and expect that from each-other, especially if we agree on it. That you and your girl are ok with each-other looking at other people, Ivana and i aren't, and we're both lucky to have found each-other in this respect (and in many others, but that's not the point), because most people aren't like this.

Bloodred said:
Concerning the thing of looking to other women, I partially agree with Undie and with the guys of "the other side" (hehe). I mean, because sometimes you really cannot help it. and you just look at a girl and think: "Oh she's really fucking hot." I must admit I have been driven into temptation quite a lot of times (as Undie knows), but even though I have considered it, I will never, ever, cheat on Mrs. Gigi. I think I've s"survived" a lot of temptations (specially in die Uni hehe), but I will never cheat on my girl.

And I'm sure Mrs.Gigi has looked at other guys too, and I know that, and she knows I look at other girls sometimes, but we don't make a bug fuzz about it.
Why not? We can help it; i trust Ivana (i would trust her with my life), and i know i don't look at any girl (or boy ;) ) like that. I just don't. I see girls and boys as human beings, not as girls or boys, and, since all the beauty in the world to me is concentrated in Ivana, nobody else is beautiful or even pretty. And nobody can or will ever be a potential girlfriend.

why debate the issue at all? if two people are so enthralled with each other that they will not even notice other people of the gender they prefer, let them be. personally, i believe that it is very good for this to happen at the start of a relationship, and i would be worried if it didn't happen. however, probably it tends to fade with time, and again, i would be slightly worried if it didn't happen (moreover, taliesin is right: glancing at someone on the street does not mean that you want to sleep with them, or that you would given the chance). that's just my opinion, though - and alex is right too in saying that people should more than anything be compatible under this respect, when they pair up. personally, i have A LOT of issues with my partner (if i ever had one) looking at other women, but that's because i'm hot-tempered and short-fused.

I agree, the discussion is weird o_O
UC and Rince are obviously very happy, so what's there to discuss? I pretty much completely disagree with him but we're still both just as right in our opinion, so :err:

hyena said:
moreover, taliesin is right: glancing at someone on the street does not mean that you want to sleep with them, or that you would given the chance.

i agree with that! sometimes you can look at other people and think that they are handsome without wanting to go out / have sex/... with him/her.

I am perfectly happy with Konrad and dont need to go and see somewhere else. :headbang: :kickass: :)

UndoControl: yea thanks... but i dont really understand what happened we went through no fighting to extreme gore fighting (hahahaha im stupidly exageratin) but o well i think yeah u need price for the most depressin thread lol

Well, it's not that we don't make a big fuzz about it, 'tis more like we understand each other. We do it a f&&)( hell lot less than before :) .

@KC: Hofentlich you'll find someone that's nice, I'm sure ye will ye seem like a nice lad :) :headbang: :kickass: .

@lbrh: every time you mention gigi i kind of want to smile because gigi is a definitely male nickname in italy, short for luigi. the idea of you going out with an italian guy named luigi in turn brings back memories of super mario bros, and here goes any serious mood i might have entertained. :lol:

hyena said:
@lbrh: every time you mention gigi i kind of want to smile because gigi is a definitely male nickname in italy, short for luigi. the idea of you going out with an italian guy named luigi in turn brings back memories of super mario bros, and here goes any serious mood i might have entertained. :lol:

:lol: :lol: :worship: :lol:

Haha Super Mario Bros. pwns yer soul :p .

@Rayna: I still haven't seen it yet... (don't know wy though hhee :rolleyes: ).

hyena said:
i am surprised that some of you qualify as best moments of your lives facts that happened in relationships that are now failed and defunct. for me, if a relationship fails then all moments associated with it automatically become tokens of illusion, and lose their charm.

i'm more on this side too, at the beginning those memories would make me so sad that it'd be hard to view them as happy, and then, even if they cease being blunt weapons, they could be good memories, but not best moments.

Even though me and my gf broke up, I still regard the times with her as the best moments I have experienced. This might be becouse I´m still not that far away from what happend, and still miss her a bit. Every memory still reminds me of the less than nice things that happened afterwards, sort of gives it a bittersweet taste.

Apart from stuff with her, i could come up with some other really nice moments though. For example some skiing days in Åre, Sweden. Rushing down a sloe of powder snow in sunshine and -6 degrees is really nice. :)

i am starting to think that maybe men and women are different in this respect. men are not particularly disturbed by the eclipse of permanence. i wonder how can humanity ever come to terms with that - the only way i've seen so far is violence, ie men accept to be submitted into permanence by women in exchange for 'a quiet life', and in turn women, who are more than happy to practise psychological violence on their partners, give them their money's worth by not having personalities and being relaxing.

[simple proof: how many of the male members of the board have female partners who have read more books than they have? how many of the female members of the board have male partners who came up first with the idea of going long-term?]

oh, and before anyone on the board goes up in arms about this statement, i am not saying that it applies to everyone and anyone. i know that there are a few men around who care about lasting relationship or even having families, even if sometimes it is for distorted motives. and i know that there are a few women who are not psychologically violent and honestly listen to their partner's needs. women who are rewarded for having a personality also exist, although they are a rarity and anyway light-heartedness is a fundamental trait of said personality every time. still, there are very basic gender differences where continuity is concerned, and i really fail to see how they can be remedied without social norms that most of us, me included, would probably label as excessively intrusive and conservative.

hyena said:
how many of the male members of the board have female partners who have read more books than they have?
*raises hand* I should read more, though.

hyena said:
how many of the female members of the board have male partners who came up first with the idea of going long-term?
Rincewind's turn to raise her hand.

hyena said:
women who are rewarded for having a personality also exist, although they are a rarity and anyway light-heartedness is a fundamental trait of said personality every time.
Rincewind, you'll have to raise your other hand too.

hyena said:
men are not particularly disturbed by the eclipse of permanence.
You mean, only because I can still see those moments as very good moments in my life, I wasnt disturbed about the fact that the relation was over or never even begun?
First of all, I was a nervous wreck both times and second of all, that's not even connected. You make it sound like men dont care which of the women they fuck as long as it's great fun, it'll always be great fun in their memory. In turn I could say it's deeply and seriously neurotic to label everything connected to one person as an illusion and as hurtful, only because you were unanble to work out certain differences and in the end, were unable to make a life together.
hyena said:
[simple proof: how many of the male members of the board have female partners who have read more books than they have?
Well, I dont have such a GF, which is a pity actually, since it takes away some very interesting fields of conversation.
hyena said:
how many of the female members of the board have male partners who came up first with the idea of going long-term?]
None of us came up with that. Does anyone actually decide that? I can only imagine the shallowest of relations to do that, in all the others, it should be clear that you're together because you love each other and that you're willing to stay in the relation as long as that love lasts, which is expected to be quite long.

I find your views on relations very disturbing actually.. do you seriously think men need to be forced to stay in a relation by psychological violence because otherwise, they just fuck off again?
I admit there are those kinds of men, but usually, they fuck off again no matter what the woman does. But then again, the women they pick are usually so painfully superficial and horribly boring that I sure wont blame them for it.

Taliesin said:
None of us came up with that. Does anyone actually decide that? I can only imagine the shallowest of relations to do that, in all the others, it should be clear that you're together because you love each other and that you're willing to stay in the relation as long as that love lasts, which is expected to be quite long.

I agree with this, but I think she meant who mentioned it first (one of typical opinions that women always say and want that first, before the men do).
Of course nobody decides that, but unfortunately, I don't think that today is clear in many relationships that they're together because they really love each other (meaning - want it to be long-term and act according to that). It's actually disturbing how many couples go together and be together for a very long period without ever thinking that that is something long-term (except in time value).