What was the best moment of your life so far?

musically speaking the apex of my being a DT fan is when Mikael, during the final screams of Punish My Heaven, bent forward, grabbed my hand (I was in the first row), started pulling me towards him and didn't let me go for like 20 seconds.. it was amazing.. It may sound a bit childish for me to say that, but it's difficult to explain the energy that he released into that hold..

not musically speaking I hope the best experiences in my life still have to come... if you get what I mean..

plintus said:
@hyena: well, if that's not enough for you - my condolences :D How's that new place - got a ceiling mirror on in the bedroom or anything? :saint:

the new place is not mine yet, will be on monday. and i absolutely don't have the money for ceiling mirrors. if you contribute, we can think of it. :lol:

The best moment in my life so far would be last year, when our troupe presented "La Déprime" in front of an audience of roughly 250 people. It was my first live theatre experience and the most memeorable one. I doubt I'll ever meet such a great bunch of actors and friends. Ah, the memories...

@Nico: believe me, I understand you perfectly. It's sort of like when the time DT came to CR, Mikael was saying: "Undo..." and I yelled "CONTROL!" and he smiled at me. Mikael Stanne fucking smiled at me :cry: . And also took pics with him (which I haven't been able to post because of the size and I don't have a resizer for Mac).

@Hyena: :lol: You don't need a mirror in the ceilin for that actually :p . I guess one in the bathroom would work hehe.

@One Bizzarre: Ahhh tell me more about that Mart.

fireangel said:
okay, maybe I need to clarify: brilliant guy who is not a jerk :D

i'm starting to need too many coincidences - i have to like him and he has to like me back, which is already an awfully improbable intersection; then, he shouldn't be a jerk, even if i am sort of one... dunno, not likely.

Um, I wish I could pick a specific day, but I'm more of a time period guy. The past year and a half has been amazing - I met my current g/f (whom I'm still wild about, we've been together a year and four months), got into some of the best music I've ever heard, and I'm finally getting out to different places (I am young but I have no idea how old the rest of you are, so I'll withold that info temporarily). Things are pretty good.

Judith said:
When the relationship started, we knew we had found someome special, someone with some qualities that we were looking for. We knew we didnt want some stupid 1 week relationship or something.
Ok, just to set things straight, what Ivana and i meant is that i told her that i wanted to spend the rest of my life with her before she told me the same. We both also felt it since we started being together (and there wasn't really a date, suddenly we realized we loved each-other like that and that was it, it was like gradual, there wasn't a "first kiss" or a "do you want to be with me?". Obviously neither of us wanted a one-week relationship, because that's just stupid. We always wanted a long-term (actually, permanent) relationship.

Taliesin said:
Well, Im obviously not gonna leave my wife and kids if one day I realize I dont love anymore the way I used to some 20 years ago or something, but then I guess I'll have to learn to love her or do as best I can. I believe that with age, any promiscuous ways of behaviour I may have, will have long faded, so I really dont think it'll be hard to stay with my family then, even if I really wont be in love with her anymore then.
Wow, that was really sad. I don't believe that relationships have to become plain or that love has to fade away with time. I don't see any reason for Ivana and i not to love each-other the same (or even more) in ten years or twenty years or fifty years than we do now. And i don't see the point in staying with someone if you don't love her anymore, just because of inertia or because you have built many years of your life with that person.

Back to the leaving someone if you don't love them... Its better to do that than to not leave them and cheat on them with someone else....It isn’t fair on the one you first committed to... It’s better to be prat than be unfaithful and live a lie.... Well anyway that’s what i believe... if you are not happy... fix it together or leave... don't leave them hanging while you are out doing something else… but there is an exception with children…. What do you do then?

Hm, I think it depends in which situation you are. While I do believe that some people can be in a relationship without any love left after many years and be satisfied with it, I would never agree on that.
Also, it depends completely on those two people, stuff like "Our love just got lost" doesn't work for me, both partners have to invest in that love all the time in order to keep it on same or higher level than in the begining.
Problem is that many people don't, they just take things for granted after some time and sometimes don't realize it until it's too late.
What to do? Try - definitely, as much as one can.
But if it doesn't work, I think it's better to leave, even if you have children, because those children will be much more satisfied with you separated and happy than together and miserable or just numb (sometimes the second is even worse).
Also, what Rayna mentioned, if cheating gets involved - definitely leave (actually leave before you cheat). If for nothing, for the fact that you once loved that person (if you don't now) and should have enough respect not to hurt her / him more than necessary.

UndoControl said:
Wow, that was really sad. I don't believe that relationships have to become plain or that love has to fade away with time. I don't see any reason for Ivana and i not to love each-other the same (or even more) in ten years or twenty years or fifty years than we do now. And i don't see the point in staying with someone if you don't love her anymore, just because of inertia or because you have built many years of your life with that person.
I didnt say it has to happen or that I expect it to happen, the point is, Im not gonna leave a wife and children just because I dont feel the thrill anymore. Should it ever happen.
And even without children, I do see a point in staying together, no matter what, once you've been together a decade or two. But you're free to disagree, of course