what was the funniest thing you heard all weekend?

sh0kr0k

Jul 7, 2002
St. Paul, MN
www.myspace.com
This was my favorite thread from last year so I thought I'd resurrect it since I spent all weekend laughing my ass into next year! Here's my favorite moment:

Setting: Friday night, outside the Granada. Several of us are heading to the 3rd floor for some rumored afterparties. Timo Tolki is there, a drink in each hand, and he approaches my friend Ripperjack.

Tolki: "Where are you going?"
Ripperjack: "To the third floor, we hear there are a bunch of parties there."
T: "Room 105?"
R: "Oh is there a party in 105, too?"
T: "Is that your room?"
R: "Oh, we're not staying here. We're going to the 3rd floor...different rooms"
T: "Which room are you in?"
R: "No we're not staying here, we're going to the 3rd floor."
T: "The party's in your room?"
R: "No, we're at the Hampton. The party is here on the 3rd floor."
T: "Will you be in 105?"
R: "I don't know.. we'll check it out."
T: "Okay, you be in 105, I'll be there!"
R: *pause* ... "Okay man, see ya later!"

o_O :loco:

Tammy

That would have been interesting...since Chris Roy and myself were actually in room 105 at the Grenada. Maybe thats why our "do not disturb" sign was turned around and the maid walked in the next morning. ;)

Joel-RZ said:
That would have been interesting...since Chris Roy and myself were actually in room 105 at the Grenada. Maybe thats why our "do not disturb" sign was turned around and the maid walked in the next morning. ;)

:loco: You're kidding?! haha!! We wondered what was going on in 105 but we didn't stop to find out. The rest of the weekend was filled with Room 105 jokes.

We laughed when we saw the sign the next morning that Strato canceled their signing session and made a joke that Tolki was missing because he was still hanging out in 105!

The jokes only got more ridiculous when their set was delayed too! "Try looking under the bed!"

Tammy

Joel-RZ said:

Actually, we heard that somebody went around to all the rooms (at least on the first floor) Friday night, and flipped all of those cards. Ours was just gone. Luckily, we used the chain, so the hotel staff only woke us up isntead of walking in on us.

Yippee38 said:
Actually, we heard that somebody went around to all the rooms (at least on the first floor) Friday night, and flipped all of those cards. Ours was just gone. Luckily, we used the chain, so the hotel staff only woke us up isntead of walking in on us.

hahaa...

Driving in the car and hearing "I need phone sex" from one of the seats behind me. I think it was Teddy.

Again, driving in the car and discussing the birth of Brittany Spears' child and the speculation that next year we'll hear "Oops, I did it again."

"Is there a party in your pants Mike? Theres a party in your pants and everyone's invited." "There isnt with you around! Wait a minute...Invited?? You mean coming, you dork!"

Someone unleashed badddddddddd!! and we have a new saying, I am not sure where it originated, maybe the Mangina can elaborate!

<Queensryche>"Warningggggg!!, Warrrrrrniiiingggggg!!!"</Queensryche>

That was one of the funniest things i heard all weekend.

Bear

A certain band member was in our room Saturday night showing us their website. I took over and started to browse their profiles and found his nick names. He was pretty embarrassed when we saw them. One was in a different language and when we all asked what it meant he totally blushed and refused to tell us cause it was so bad. We kept asking him and finally I was like, duh. Copy. Yahoo.com. Danish to English translation website. Click. Paste. About this time he says: "Hahaha oh, well it's actually so bad it won't even translate on here." JUST as the translation pops up. It was really bad (so bad I can't even put it on here) but it was so freaking hilarious. The timing could not have been more perfect!

Andrew and Alonzo staying in our room provided much entertainment over the course of the weekend too. Hearing Alonzo run in to the armoir door in the morning and then shortly after saying to Annie and me: "Shh, Shhh go back to sleep. Go back to sleep. I'm just a clutz, I'm sorry Shh" HAHA!!