What was the last album that really owned you?

I haven't been OWNED by anything in recent memory. Not even Adagio OWNED me with Underworld, as I thought the songwriting sucked compared to Sanctus Ignis. Last CD to OWN me was Children of Bodom - Hatecrew Deathroll from earlier this year.

King Diamond - The puppet master
Perhaps his best record. King's voice is always amazing

Dark Tranquillity's "The gallery" owns me for years!!!

Mr. Shred-ididle said:
Greg Howe's new album 'Extraction' or Scholohofo - 'Oh!'
\m/
I second that, Extraction is a killer CD by the best fusion player on the planet. If you dig Howe's playing, also check out Alessandro Benvenuti from Italy and his debut album Sonic Design. Howe-type Rock Fusion, but he defineately has his own style. Awesome changes and beats, great phrasing, ear candy legato and tapping licks, etc. Frank Gambale even plays two guest solos on it (anyone with the balls to have Frank Gambale play on his album should be worth checking out, don't ya think?)

Like many others here:

Adagio-Underworld
I mean I just can't stop listening and everytime I do it gets to me. Hell I am even listening to it right now.

Ultimate_Symphony said:
\m/ What songs have you listened to from the new stuff?
The ones they offer on the site, and the video too. I thought the video was cool because it featured the old singer. I like him better than the new guy as well. I don't know, I just like the faster sound better than what I heard from the newer stuff.

Blind Guardian's Nightfall in Middle Earth, that is kick ass. And 1 of the best albums I've ever heard.

ChrisM. said:
I second that, Extraction is a killer CD by the best fusion player on the planet. If you dig Howe's playing, also check out Alessandro Benvenuti from Italy and his debut album Sonic Design. Howe-type Rock Fusion, but he defineately has his own style. Awesome changes and beats, great phrasing, ear candy legato and tapping licks, etc. Frank Gambale even plays two guest solos on it (anyone with the balls to have Frank Gambale play on his album should be worth checking out, don't ya think?)
Indeed it is! thanks heaps. Another album i got recently that was very good is Sam Aliano 'Emalgamation', and ozzy drummer featuring Australia's best talents like Brett Garsed, Jack Jones, Sim Hosford and the mighty Frank Gambale...as you said, don't you think anyone to have the balls to get Gambale play on hso album is worth cheacking out :p