What will the end of the world be like?

What will the end of the world be like?

• Environmental disaster (pollution, ozone layer, rain forests, no more oil, you know the drill)

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Judgement day - the Apocalypse will come like it was written in the book of Revelations

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Aliens from another planet will kill us, take what they need from earth and leave it burning

• The sun will expand and swallow up our planet - as is told to us by astronomers

• A meteorite will hit our planet and all life will die

• A global nuclear war - nobody escapes death

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Alwin

problem solver
Dec 4, 2003
NL
please be honest, there's to much trouble in the real world already ;)

neither of these.
all the mining thats happened over the years will cause parts of the earth to collapse inwards. this will affect the axis on which it spins and we will stop orbiting the sun, we will spin off into space as the earth gradually gets colder and we lose gravity.

Lord_Of_This_World said:
neither of these.
all the mining thats happened over the years will cause parts of the earth to collapse inwards. this will affect the axis on which it spins and we will stop orbiting the sun, we will spin off into space as the earth gradually gets colder and we lose gravity.
nice one - is there any "proof" as in physics calculations that this is possible?

Lord_Of_This_World said:
no, i made it up.
still a nice idea to write a book about :D if the orbit of the earth changes only slightly, it's climate is already unfit for human life

I would love to see a disaster movie (i.e Armageddon,Day after Tommorow,The core etc etc) where the earth gets destroyed. They always save the earth. Maybe Lord_of_this_world has an idea for a movie, and it would be great if everybody dies and they can do nothing about it.

Yeah, but you're supposed to believe in movies and their logic, and it's too illogical.

Btw, what a nice thread for today. You can argue though what's your personal disaster in comparison with the end of the world...

These options mostly suck. Though humans are only ones to be arsed with this question it's stupid to talk about world as it will only exist when there are human beings around.

edit: I mean that it'd be pretty impossible that all life would suddenly vanish no matter what conditions.

Har* said:
These options mostly suck. Though humans are only ones to be arsed with this question it's stupid to talk about world as it will only exist when there are human beings around.

edit: I mean that it'd be pretty impossible that all life would suddenly vanish no matter what conditions.
you seem to argue that we can still speak of "the world" when there is nobody around to speak at all :err:

dracula in vagina

Alwin said:
you seem to argue that we can still speak of "the world" when there is nobody around to speak at all :err:

dracula in vagina
No. I can be pretty illogical sometimes. Refer to the math thread :dopey:

I think that word world is dead when humans ...
...ah fuck it. I lost the point. Live is irrational and meaningless and bunch of blah there you go. :yell:

Har* said:
No. I can be pretty illogical sometimes. Refer to the math thread :dopey:

I think that word world is dead when humans ...
...ah fuck it. I lost the point. Live is irrational and meaningless and bunch of blah there you go. :yell:
just stay with the program and nothing will go wrong :)

Alwin said:
just stay with the program and nothing will go wrong :)

Rest us, rest us from the pain, if I ask
Ashamed cos a game keep playin' me wrong
Promise not to ever sing a damn 'nother song
Until I realize who the fuck I am

A man out of sync with his own program
Trying to find some kind of inner link
A man out of sync with his own program
Trying to find some kind of inner link