What would it take for an Anathema US tour?

evenflow

May 28, 2004
I have been wanting to see Anathema for years now, but I have never heard of them coming anywhere near NYC.

I've heard they are not going outside EU because of what they've heard of many bands getting ripped off by promoters.....that's a pity
If they're not going to USA, imagine South America....where I live

Even Flow said:
Hi, evenflow, I'm Even Flow, are you a newbie?

Yes I am.

I don't see why they wouldn't. I assume that they could get ona tour with Opeth or Porcupine Tree. It doesnt seem out of the question, but i just doesnt happen.

wow touring with opeth, what an honour!!
danny should phone up knackerfeld right away

"hey mick!! how are ye, next time you're goin to the states give me a shout and we'll come along"

"ja!! is gut!! ve vill organise der tour right now!! I might ask der porkupine tree to come along too!!"

"nice one!!"

"ja!!"

then they both smile and hang up

evenflow said:
I have been wanting to see Anathema for years now, but I have never heard of them coming anywhere near NYC.
funny that. at one point we were actually talking of relocating to new york and trying to get a residancy over there.. it still sounds like a good idea.

Eöl said:
I've heard they are not going outside EU because of what they've heard of many bands getting ripped off by promoters.....that's a pity
If they're not going to USA, imagine South America....where I live

yeah, blame the mexican promoter or just ask opeth at respect. :tickled:

Bambi said:
wow touring with opeth, what an honour!!
danny should phone up knackerfeld right away

"hey mick!! how are ye, next time you're goin to the states give me a shout and we'll come along"

"ja!! is gut!! ve vill organise der tour right now!! I might ask der porkupine tree to come along too!!"

"nice one!!"

"ja!!"

then they both smile and hang up

Why would he speak some kind of mix between english and german? :rolleyes:

pagan2002 said:
funny that. at one point we were actually talking of relocating to new york and trying to get a residancy over there.. it still sounds like a good idea.

No it doesn't. New York is dirty. And you might be mistaken for Irish potato immigrants, I wouldn't risk that.

634697-Hooray-For-ameri-cow.jpg

pagan2002 said:

Wow, really? What's wrong with where you live? I'm sure there is much more beauty where you are now than New York (although I guess everyone sees the downside of a certain area once they've lived in it for so long). New York is very fast paced, crowded ect. Anyway, I really hope you come to America in the near future. Didn't you say something about wanting to tour South and North America in an issue of Rocksound? Talk to Duncan! He's already toured here. I'm sure he can hook you up. :hotjump:

pagan2002 said:

Well that would be awesome. It seems to be working for Roger Waters, living in NYC. I hope that doing a show in NY is considered soon, I would love to see it happen.

New York is great...so many kinds of people. I'm thinking about whether I want to move there or not. Every show I played in NYC with my old band was an awesome experience. I kind of like being close to forests and moutains where I live now, though.