What would it take for an Anathema US tour?

pagan2002 said:
funny that. at one point we were actually talking of relocating to new york and trying to get a residancy over there.. it still sounds like a good idea.

you're kidding, right? sarcasm, like?

You'd hate NY, trust me on that. You'd end up shooting yourself and I couldn't even begin to explain to you why.

pagan2002 said:
funny that. at one point we were actually talking of relocating to new york and trying to get a residancy over there.. it still sounds like a good idea.

ugh, NYC....

Scouse musicians and New York don't really mix.
a_lennontshirtfoto1.jpg

evenflow said:
Yes I am.

I don't see why they wouldn't. I assume that they could get ona tour with Opeth or Porcupine Tree. It doesnt seem out of the question, but i just doesnt happen.

football_ref_5.GIF

bender the offender said:
argh you all talk like that have been in NY or what, i bet most of you havent. :yuk:

yep I've been too, as Maqus, and some others, but visiting and living there are two different things.

If you like this happy people European scene:

BB.jpg

.....like your fun annual Grasshop with nice civilized people with a good attitude and stuff.....

....you can flush this down the toilet and out of your soul forever. You wouldn't even be able to come back to this the same way.

bender the offender said:
argh you all talk like that have been in NY or what, i bet most of you havent. :yuk:

I live five min. away, I even worked in the city for some time.

Ahh, I was in New York for a good week back when I was 16, the bum holding door at McDonalds, beggar on every street corner (or rather beggars), women living in park talking about being raped once every month with fancy sky-scrapers and business suits all around sort of did my head in.

I don't think ny is an experience i wish to recall or re-experience. not that the city i study in here is any better. i think it may be more dirty. and the weather is terrible. the winds, which we don't get often apperantly kept me up since 5 and i don't even have class until 12!

NY is for the musicians, contacts, the right place, good studios, out of the vacuum, 'not' for the people, i think thats the point

i'm a musician and i hated it :p i just don't like american cities in general

ikeaboy said:
well youre obviously not a good one then :yell:
when i go back to visit my family in two weeks i do play on recording some..you shall see