X Japan - "Jade"
Avantasia - "The Tower"

My real answer:

T.M.Revolution - "Save the One, Save the All"
Eun Ji Won - "Siren"
SHINee - "Lucifer"
Tangerine Dream - "Rubycon Pt 2"

yeah it's 4.. sue me too!

I regret to inform you that Craig will not be responding to this question personally.

Apparently, he was trying to formulate a response, narrowed it down to 8, realized he'd left out a bunch of other candidates, was trying to assimilate the options and pick just three, and....well... Quite simply, his head exploded. It's pretty nasty in here.

It looks like the 8 he'd written down are:

Fates Warning - A Pleasant Shade of Grey (under the "hey! It's one song!" logic)
Circus Maximus - Mouth of Madness
Enchant - My Enemy
which was scratched out and replaced with "My Gavel Hand"...
which was itself scratched out and replaced with "My Enemy" again.
Redemption - Love Kills Us All/Life in One Day
Seventh Wonder - The Great Escape
Power of Omens - Test of Wills
Alter Bridge - Blackbird
Simon and Garfunkel - Bridge Over Troubled Water

Anyway, that's apparently as far as he got. Anyone have a mop I can borrow and maybe some duct tape?

Just goes to show the varied songs that affect our lives...metal and non-metal. Also goes to show the face that many people can't really figure out their ass from...

So who was this directed at?

Haha...not at all what you're probably thinking...and definitely not a slight at you...I kinda went through the same thing you did, but in the end went with my ultimate fave 3 songs, regardless of genre.

Judging from some of the posts however, it makes me wonder about some of the reponses, though. I'm trying to think of the right way to say this that doesn't sound obnoxious (oh...well...), but some of the song selections seem a bit...arbitrary...and I bet that's NOT what Swordlord was looking for. Cuz...let's face it...it's a bitch to rag on each other on the internet...but there are some real song choices that I would have a lot of fun actively questioning and debating if we were all in a circle in person.

All in good fun, shokrok...I've always thought that your taste was top-notch. My taste is questionable, however, because I frequently agree with Zod and Boob on this forum...so what the hell do I know?

Rock on!

My PPUSA Forum answer:

Dream Theater - "Voices"
Mercenary - "11 Dreams"
X Japan - "Jade"
Avantasia - "The Tower"

My real answer:

T.M.Revolution - "Save the One, Save the All"
Eun Ji Won - "Siren"
SHINee - "Lucifer"
Tangerine Dream - "Rubycon Pt 2"

yeah it's 4.. sue me too!

While I did post my all-time fave songs for "repeat," I think I might be embarrasses to post my 3 non-metal picks...heehee...

Impossible task but these three would do as well as any:

Dokken - "Unchain The Night"
Judas Priest - "The Green Manalishi (With The Two-Pronged Crown)" Live
Gary Moore - "Empty Rooms"

While I did post my all-time fave songs for "repeat," I think I might be embarrasses to post my 3 non-metal picks...heehee...

No need to be embarrassed about that. If I were to choose all non-metal songs, The Goo Goo Dolls would make the list for certain.... and not the punk era stuff, but the sappy love ballad stuff. I still listen to the Goo Goo Dolls quite often and am far from ashamed of it. You like what you like........

Bryant