what year did metal die in the ass?

Merkaba said:
Yes they did have mainstream success with Justice but they really went in head first to cater to the mainstream with the black album. Justice being Newsteads first real metallica album, had the same hooks in it musically as RTL & MOP. ( I know his first was really garage days re-revisited, but it was all cover's, I was only counting originals by metallica)

It's a shame they didn't let Newsted write and actually buried, if not totally removed, his parts on ... AJFA. He gets over looked by a lot of people today who haven't heard Doomsday for the Deceiver.

Merkaba said:
I however do agree that Newstead was 90%, if not more of the metallica live show. The black album killed them for me, I didn't like that album or anything they've done since! Thats why i said AJFA was their last DECENT album. Ride & Puppets are my fav from them! :headbang:

They were actually MTV's most played band of 1992.

:yuk:

DiscipleOfThePit said:
It's a shame they didn't let Newsted write and actually buried, if not totally removed, his parts on ... AJFA. He gets over looked by a lot of people today who haven't heard Doomsday for the Deceiver.

Good ol' Flotsam & Jetsam!!!!!! That album kicked ass!!! :headbang:

DiscipleOfThePit said:
They were actually MTV's most played band of 1992.

:yuk:

Yup thats sucks too :erk: :ill: :yuk:

Ulster Mosher said:
True, very very true. Lars can't play shit live these days IMO. Saw them twice the past two years, and they were not the Metallica I remember seeing live on 5 prior occasions. Very disappointing.

It's because they spend too much time talking. They all need to take a break from each other for atleast five years and then regroup. If they still suck then quit!

I´ve heard Metallica DID play Dyers Eve on the last tour. Not in Prague, though. But Lars can´t play the fast double bass anyway.

mentioned it ages ago, after .........And Justice for All....... I lost all interest in metal/thrash/speed or whatever you wanna call it. Albums with songs over 10 minutes are a fuckin bore!!!!Punkrock rules!!!!!!!!!!:headbang:

I wish newsted did another album with flotsam before he was fucked about by metallica. Doomsday is prob one of my fave thrash albums It shocking how you he was never allowed to write in metallica. He can oviously write ie doomsday, and to get only 3 credits with one of them a shitty song off re load it pish

DiscipleOfThePit said:
It's because they spend too much time talking. They all need to take a break from each other for atleast five years and then regroup. If they still suck then quit!

100% agree

the_walking_dude said:
fucking agreed. oh yeah and testament as well

I believe Anthrax has always kept Metal alive. They Are always reinventing themselves, no matter who is part of the band. What thaey do is always relevent because they are something new and different every time they are about to release a new album or what they are currently doing now.