Whats Everybody Up To Thread?

Hello everybody! :)

Whats everybody up to lately?
Me I've been adding to my role-playing world, changed the map a lot and finally got to adding legends started by my old campaigns... I know, I know I'm a procrastinator... ;)

I've also worked on the garden, chased the cat away from the waterbed so she couldn't shred it.

I also added a new drawing to my website at http://www.geocities.com/daydreamer11@sbcglobal.net

Currently I'm about to play some tunes with my best friend! :D

See you later! :wave:

Well, I'm into making singbacks for "Freddy my love" and "Hand Jive" (from Greese).:erk:
It's not really the kind of music I'd like to be into, but hey, it's a part of what I do for a living. Actually, I am hired as a Network Administrator at the school where I work. But in practice it's really more like the "Jack of all trades" thing. We're setting up (correct expression?) a minimal version of the "Greese", the kids even convinced me to be Vince Fountain, so I guess I will have to be the "born a hand jive"-guy the following months.:loco:

hm, ZeiMoT's post (strange nickname with even weirder spelling, where does it come from? is it an abbreviation? sorry if it's a dumb question) didn't show up on the index of the board, seems UM had some problem there :/
let's see what happens with my post.

Not all too many news from my side though. I still don't like my job (administrator in German pension scheme - something like försäkringskassan for the Swedes ;) ) but my vacation is coming closer! Sweden here I come again! :D
Still got two days left to fill with plans, but the heart and soul of this trip is 2000 Decibel of corpse.

Going to see Brainstorm again tonight (already met them last wednesday, review already up on our webzine in case someone's interested), they are a bunch of wonderful people. Also going to meet two of my very best friends there, so I'm really looking forward to tonight :)

My car's due for the TÜV (that technical check your car as to have every couple of years), so I should get that done this upcoming week, too. (as if someone was interested in that :rolleyes: )

Other than that, life sucks and then you die.

\m/etal!

Poor ZeiMoT! :( Well, all I can say is you're a "born hand jive" guy. ;)

ZeiMoT said:
Well, I'm into making singbacks for "Freddy my love" and "Hand Jive" (from Greese).
It's not really the kind of music I'd like to be into, but hey, it's a part of what I do for a living. Actually, I am hired as a Network Administrator at the school where I work. But in practice it's really more like the "Jack of all trades" thing. We're setting up (correct expression?) a minimal version of the "Greese", the kids even convinced me to be Vince Fountain, so I guess I will have to be the "born a hand jive"-guy the following months.

Thats always cool. :)
Gaunerin said:
Going to see Brainstorm again tonight (already met them last wednesday, review already up on our webzine in case someone's interested), they are a bunch of wonderful people. Also going to meet two of my very best friends there, so I'm really looking forward to tonight :)

Ahhh yes, gotta love those... :loco: :ill:
Gaunerin said:
My car's due for the TÜV (that technical check your car as to have every couple of years), so I should get that done this upcoming week, too. (as if someone was interested in that :rolleyes: )

Think that was bleak enough? ;) (Just joking)
Gaunerin said:
Other than that, life sucks and then you die.
\m/etal!

Speaking of things that stink... just got rid of 2 trojan viruses on my computer and fixed multiple bugs and know what happens first thing when I turn on my computer this morning...? MORE BUGS! ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGHHHHHHHHHHH! o_O

Okay had to get that out, sorry. ;)

About my name: ZeiMoT . Actually I will add this to my legal name so I consider it to be my name rather than my nickname (yeah, as if one cares...). ZeiMoT is an acronym I came up with some 10-15 yrs ago. It kinda describes my inner self very well.
ZeiMoT means Zero emotional intelligence Mind of Thirst . It's just plain me.

Birth, school, work, death. I am in the work stage as of now. Ha ha ha just kidding (but not really if you look at things in a certain way.) I just got my new digital camera so I will be toying with it soon and am shopping for some new guitar effects as well. Hopefully that will renew my interest on the guitar as well. Had to spend some of my tax return before the wife burned all of it up. >:p~

Bryant

Lol Now I have to go listen to Zak Wylds Life, Birth, Blood, Doom song! ;)

Bryant said:
Birth, school, work, death. I am in the work stage as of now. Ha ha ha just kidding (but not really if you look at things in a certain way.)

Gotta love those, be careful when using them though, a little can go a long way as far as nifty effects go! :)

Bryant said:
I just got my new digital camera so I will be toying with it soon and am shopping for some new guitar effects as well. Hopefully that will renew my interest on the guitar as well. Had to spend some of my tax return before the wife burned all of it up. >:p~

Bryant

well tomorrow night I go see Iced Earth/Children of Bodom/Evergrey here in Atlanta. It's been since 1997 that I've seen Iced Earth, one of my all-time favorite heavy metal bands. That was the first time I saw them, and I was able to meet the Days of Purgatory line-up. They were all a bunch of great guys!

I also purchased my tickets this past Saturday for the PPUSAV show so I can see my newest favoite band, Tad Morose!!! in September.

as far as what else I'm doing... well, Winters Reflection, it turns out that I'm an old school gamer as well. I've just rekindled an old play-by-post game based on Advanced Dungeons and Dragons 2nd Edition rules. If you're interested in checking it out, let me know.
I'm also a HUGE fan of Fates Warning and Savatage; but their early material is my favorite stuff, much like it is yours.

My other gaming hobby includes working on a persistant world for the Neverwinter Nights computer roleplaying game. You should check that out if you like online gaming. It's the only game I play over the internet. It's the next best thing to table-top gaming, and you get to roleplay with people from all over the world. pretty cool.

I guess that's it for now. :wave:

~Hoyt.

Definitely interested in your message board game :)

far as what else I'm doing... well, Winters Reflection, it turns out that I'm an old school gamer as well. I've just rekindled an old play-by-post game based on Advanced Dungeons and Dragons 2nd Edition rules. If you're interested in checking it out, let me know.
I'm also a HUGE fan of Fates Warning and Savatage; but their early material is my favorite stuff, much like it is yours.

WIntersReflection said:
Lol Now I have to go listen to Zak Wylds Life, Birth, Blood, Doom song! ;)

Gotta love those, be careful when using them though, a little can go a long way as far as nifty effects go! :)

Yeah I am simply replacing an older unit. I have been playing for 20 years and am just upgrading to some newer stuff. I have also been eyeballing a neck-thru-body Peavey V-type that is super sweet, but I'm cheap and the $1000 price tag keeps it out ofmy hands. I'm looking for used ones though.

:headbang:

Bryant

Personally I'm shopping for a new guitar, hehe. The ol' fender strat just isn't what he used to be anymore! :erk:

Bryant said:
Yeah I am simply replacing an older unit. I have been playing for 20 years and am just upgrading to some newer stuff. I have also been eyeballing a neck-thru-body Peavey V-type that is super sweet, but I'm cheap and the $1000 price tag keeps it out ofmy hands. I'm looking for used ones though.

:headbang:

Bryant

WIntersReflection said:
Personally I'm shopping for a new guitar, hehe. The ol' fender strat just isn't what he used to be anymore! :erk:

Cool. I might be getting one of those V-types I was talking about. Turns out, that even though it's neck-thru, it's an EXP series (fancy term for Korean made) and the stop-tail is only $420. I think the one with the Floyd is $640 but over the years I have become way too lazy to tune a Floyd. Hard to buy a neck-thru new for that price. Maybe you should look into one while you are shopping. You can see them at www.peavey.com If I still have some money left after I get the effects I might have to get me one of those.

Bryant

Hello everyone, as the boards been down a few days I figure its time for an update on our lives here. :)

Man, I've been exhausted... its been raining all the time too... lol. Maybe its that pitter, patter, drip, drop, plunk, plink thats been making me so sleepy, it can't be lack of sleep... I've gone to bed several hours early almost every day this week! :OMG: (WINTER! Shame on you! ;) )

My little brother graduated from college last night! Yayyyyy! :) He's going to fix computers for a living, but he prefers to write horror stories, lol (he's good too, has given me insomnia any number of times and I'm not bad either :D ).

When the graduation pictures come back Mom 'n' Dad want me to digitally fix them up and I'm seriously tempted to make a good version and a joke version... and accidentally show them the joke version first, hehe. :loco: ;)

I'm working on a new cgi, but its not done yet, lol. For some reason the nose is giving me trouble... noses aren't usually this difficult for me lately but THIS nose! Grrr

Today is payday, yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy! :Spin:

How is everyone, whats up in your lives?

It was time for spring cleaning here. Did that all last weekend. Threw away/donated a bunch of old shit I didn't need to make room for some new shit I don't need I suppose. Still haven't played with my new camera much and with only one day off this weekend, might not get a chance to do it this weekend either unless I simply make time. I'm also still waiting for the Digitech GNX4 (guitar effects) to ship. it has been pushed back to May 27th due to some "software issues."

Bryant

I hear you, I did my spring cleaning about a month ago, ugh it was revolting how much mess had piled up! :OMG:

My chatroom rpg's canceled for the night though, something came up for the dm... bother... :takes out her guitar: Looks like I'll have to get my fill of heroics by another trip through power-metal land, lol.:

Bryant said:
It was time for spring cleaning here. Did that all last weekend. Threw away/donated a bunch of old shit I didn't need to make room for some new shit I don't need I suppose. Still haven't played with my new camera much and with only one day off this weekend, might not get a chance to do it this weekend either unless I simply make time. I'm also still waiting for the Digitech GNX4 (guitar effects) to ship. it has been pushed back to May 27th due to some "software issues."

Bryant

WIntersReflection said:
Whats everybody up to lately?
:wave:
Ummmmmm I'v been listening to alot of really loud Music Lately hahaha and working as always Playing my Bass guitars Talking to incredibly beautiful women that are way out of my leauge :D hahahaha ummmm I'll be 26 next month And I have some great concerts lined up this year!

Hehe....I also did some cleaning but it was more like me slipping into the weekly "saturday-caring-housewife-role" :D

Other than that I'm starting to think about which stuff I need to take with me to Sweden - I'm leaving monday morning! :) I'll let you know if the three-headed Urban won against Octopus-Peter and they guys played "In The Shadows" next week... LOL!

Thanks G, your the best! :)

Gaunerin said:
Hehe....I also did some cleaning but it was more like me slipping into the weekly "saturday-caring-housewife-role" :D

Other than that I'm starting to think about which stuff I need to take with me to Sweden - I'm leaving monday morning! :) I'll let you know if the three-headed Urban won against Octopus-Peter and they guys played "In The Shadows" next week... LOL!

WIntersReflection said:
I hear you, I did my spring cleaning about a month ago, ugh it was revolting how much mess had piled up! :OMG:

My chatroom rpg's canceled for the night though, something came up for the dm... bother... :takes out her guitar: Looks like I'll have to get my fill of heroics by another trip through power-metal land, lol.:
Always good to have plenty of hobbies. Some people actually sit in front of the tv for hours on end Arrggh !! Of course I do that during football season, but hey it's football.
You sound like me though....... you have more hobbies than God put hours in the day. I asked him once to make the days longer and he told me to move to Northern Alaska during the Spring and Summer months so I pretty much gave up on that conversation after that. I really need to put some new strings on my guitar and play as well, but I have a feeling tomorrow I will be trying to figure out all of the settings on my camera.

Bryant

JonnyD said:
Ummmmmm I'v been listening to alot of really loud Music Lately hahaha and working as always Playing my Bass guitars Talking to incredibly beautiful women that are way out of my leauge :D hahahaha ummmm I'll be 26 next month And I have some great concerts lined up this year!

I have one great concert lined up this year so far....... I've got to get off second shift. :Smug: I do have some vacation time saved up though. Atlanta is only an hour and a half from me. Fuel will be up there in July but though I like the band, I don't know how well this old metal-head will fit into the crowd.
I ghaven't played my guitar in probably three weeks, but when I do, I might just disappear for a couple of days. I really need a new "toy" like another axe or effects to get my interest back up.

Bryant