Whats Everybody Up To Thread?

about that Blind Guardian DVD thingy.....that was fun. Here's what I've been posting last night in a news group I'm in:
Blind Guardian are about to release their live DVD this upcoming monday and they decided to show the DVD in a few selected cinemas across Germany before the release. So that's where I went tonight. I was really curious how it would turn out and I must say it was mostly extremely funny ;)
People were standing in line, waiting to get into the hall and started singing various BG songs.....which resulted in a rather small girl from the cinema staff with a very high and thin voice shouting at them to shut up - for there were also other customers there *rolleyes*.....damn, they were just singing!
3/4 of the band were there too and when we were finally let in everybody really rushed to get a good seat (no reserved seats in this case, dunno why). I was kinda smashed at the wall but survived, hehe. It felt like I was attending the gig of a boyband though ;o
After the first two songs the show was interrupted and Hansi (BG singer, for those who don't know) promised it would get louder (sound had def. not been loud enough at this point) and also kindly asked us to behave just like it was a gig. So everybody started singing along, clapping their hands and some even stood at the sides and started to headbang. It was odd!! When "The Bard's Song" came, everybody got up and so we stood there, again singing and clapping, watching the screen......it was really strange. The same happened for the final song. So, that was even a weird experience for us metal-spoilt (is that a word?) Germans.

I kid you not, I went out into the kitchen to make lunch and what should greet me? FIVE ants! Running around, bold as you please on MY kitchen table! >:v[ I am not that messy, there wasn't any ant food about, I don't know what their problem was.

So you know happened next don't you? SMUSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hate ants. :>/

On a more positive note, I painted two pictures and uploaded them to my site today. :}
Winter's Reflection/Daydreamer11's Site

Bryant said:
That was cool. They don't do things like that in the US. ; /

Bryant

:Smug: that's because there is absolutely NO promotion for anything metal out here...it is truly ridiculous being as there are so many metal fans out here...I am hoping someday soon the promotors will catch on to this and finally get something done so we can have more festivals like the lucky European people!

Anyway, my day was busy as always, nothing new there. My office is a contant shuffle of papers, files and whatnot oyyyyyy o_O

WIntersReflection said:
I kid you not, I went out into the kitchen to make lunch and what should greet me? FIVE ants! Running around, bold as you please on MY kitchen table! >:v[ I am not that messy, there wasn't any ant food about, I don't know what their problem was.

So you know happened next don't you? SMUSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hate ants. :>/

On a more positive note, I painted two pictures and uploaded them to my site today. :}
Winter's Reflection/Daydreamer11's Site

Tries not to laugh but fails :tickled: get a cat and problem solved ;) my cat will eat any nasty bugs I encounter if I point him in the right direction ;)

Lol, I do have a cat but she's more interested in batting at them with her paw then actually killing them...
eek13.gif

Pabla said:
Tries not to laugh but fails :tickled: get a cat and problem solved ;) my cat will eat any nasty bugs I encounter if I point him in the right direction ;)

WIntersReflection said:
Lol, I do have a cat but she's more interested in batting at them with her paw then actually killing them...
eek13.gif

:loco: cat's can be THAT lazy at times...but then again ants if I remember correctly are "spicy"? (not that I would know, cause I don't eat ants...hahaha!)

what am I up to today? Well, the usual..it's now 5:30am here in LA so I am enjoying a huge cup of "devil's brew" AKA heavily laddened coffee w/creamer and a bit of irish cream...along with some cigarettes...later on off to work and when I get home tonight I guess catch up on emails and have my usual workout

Pabla said:
:loco: cat's can be THAT lazy at times...but then again ants if I remember correctly are "spicy"? (not that I would know, cause I don't eat ants...hahaha!)

what am I up to today? Well, the usual..it's now 5:30am here in LA so I am enjoying a huge cup of "devil's brew" AKA heavily laddened coffee w/creamer and a bit of irish cream...along with some cigarettes...later on off to work and when I get home tonight I guess catch up on emails and have my usual workout

Ya'll don't eat ants in LA ? Chocolate covered ants are a delicacy in Alabama. Next you will tell me you don't eat pork skins, grits and collard greens there either. :err: Just joking about the ants of course. Never ate one at least on purpose nor have I seen them covered in chocolate. Then again, I like spicy food though. You would think fire ants would be the spicier variety though. They wouldn't be hard to find. I probably have two or three mounds in the yard as we speak. Save a few dollars on the grocery bill.

Today it's same ol' same ol'. Birth, school, work, death. I am in the work stage now. We are so busy at work, I feel like I do nothing but work. :cry: Gots to feed the family though.

Bryant

It's Friday :headbang: .
I have a bottle of Champagne chilling for tonight.
My wife and I are going to jam a few tunes tonight.
She'll play bass while I crush some METAL guitar.

LUDMER said:
It's Friday :headbang: .
I have a bottle of Champagne chilling for tonight.
My wife and I are going to jam a few tunes tonight.
She'll play bass while I crush some METAL guitar.

Sounds nice. It's 1:50 AM Sat morning. The wife is asleep. I am working again for my sixth straight day today.... have to be there at 3:00 PM. I work so much my guitar strings on my guitar are now collector's items.
:err:

Just wait till I get the wife out of RN school though. I will take a small pay cut and get one of those little daytime jobs where I get to bitch at people for not doing stuff I know nothing about like the people I work for. :D

Bryant

Bryant said:
Just wait till I get the wife out of RN school though. I will take a small pay cut and get one of those little daytime jobs where I get to bitch at people for not doing stuff I know nothing about like the people I work for. :D

Bryant
Sorry man, I have that job already.

Bryant said:
Ya'll don't eat ants in LA ? Chocolate covered ants are a delicacy in Alabama. Next you will tell me you don't eat pork skins, grits and collard greens there either. :err: Just joking about the ants of course. Never ate one at least on purpose nor have I seen them covered in chocolate. Then again, I like spicy food though. You would think fire ants would be the spicier variety though. They wouldn't be hard to find. I probably have two or three mounds in the yard as we speak. Save a few dollars on the grocery bill.

Today it's same ol' same ol'. Birth, school, work, death. I am in the work stage now. We are so busy at work, I feel like I do nothing but work. :cry: Gots to feed the family though.

Bryant

:err: eat ants? :tickled: Humm isn't it a delicacy of some sort in some countries to eat chocolate covered insects? :yuk: even though I am a rabid chocolate lover I think I would pass on those :lol: Actually, talking about Southern food I've never really had the chance to sample any...I am a very picky eater, but I'll put it on my "to do" list.

Today is a Sunday, hence I believe it will be a very relaxed day...this weekend I went shopping, comitted my usual CD crimes and got some cool metal pants...dark pink mind you! :tickled:

Pabla said:
Actually, talking about Southern food I've never really had the chance to sample any...I am a very picky eater, but I'll put it on my "to do" list.

Southern food is great. It's unhealthy (though there are lots of veggies to help balance that out) as much of it is deep fried, but I think if everyone tried Southern food, there would be several dishes they loved from it. Do ya'll eat deep fried pork chops over there in California ?
In all seriousness, if you like German food, you probably will like Southern food. Though they are from two different countries, German food (Americanized German food from German restaurants in the US) is actually the closest thing I can think of to compare to Southern food. What the Germans call "Sauerbraten" is "roast beef and gravy" to us and Schnitzel is cubed steak but The Germans screwed up and used pork instead. We also grow those good ole' tamaters (tomatos) and make lots of sweets as well.

Bryant

WIntersReflection said:
I got a yahoo group together to attract a few new players to my online dnd game, who knows maybe I'll have a huge group again soon?
smilies10.gif

Doing the laundry I put off yesterday and boy is there a LOT of it!
spidereekA.gif

Anyone here like ADnD?

Sweetie, I might join it one day. It sounds fun, but I am working six days a week on second shift and I can't make it. One day, you will get to see the wrath of Kirk Arrington War Cleric though (the only D&D charactor I have named after a real person.)
:loco:

Bryant