What's everybody's favorte old school black and death metal bands?

death metal: carcass, entombed, at the gates, dismember, grave, suffocation

black metal: i don't think any of the little black metal i do like would be considered old school

Embla said:
I must be getting old, but Burzum OLD school? :) I'd say like Mercyful Fate and Venom, but as Venom are a bunch of wankers who never made one decent song, and Mercyful Fate are somehow *more* than black... I dunno! Celtic Frost a la "Cold Lake" days? *mohahaha*

Fave old death: MORBID ANGEL (guess nobody who knows me would doubt I'd say that :)) and Death.

How about old school DOOM? Black Sabbath, Candlemass, Cathedral, Winter!

Winter's coming up and that feels bloody marvellous... my time of the year! And to go with that we need DOOM, a cup of tea and a comfy sofa. (Yeah, the days of sleeping in graveyards just for the fun of it is over, I'm afraid ;))

Yeah, gimme some old Candlemass anytime! Did you hear the live show on P3 Live the other week? 'kin excellent!

I can't say exactly what "old school" death metal I like since every person seems to have his or her own view of what "old school" means... However, I enjoy:
EoS (Duh)
Bloodbath
Infestdead
Nile
At the gates (maybe not so "old school" but damn good)

Black metal:
Well, I don't listen much to black metal, so there you go.

Edge of Sanity (no, seriously!)
Entombed
Death
Immortal (I consider them old-school.. so nyah :p)

thats about it.. I'm not a real hardcore black/death metal fan.. im more into more melodic and progressive stuff.. and even (gasp) gothic music!