Whats everybody's favourite all natural drum sounds!?

John Bonham?

I'm pretty sure Derek roddys drums in hate eternal were natural weren't they? I remember digging that sound. Spawn
of posession comes to mind for crazy drumming that's obviously not replaced or edited even.

I Monarch is replaced, not sure about anything before it though. Most anything Rutan produces these days is replaced iirc

The Haunted's two latest albums sound fantastic, and you just have to mention Slaughter of the Soul and Destroy Erase Improve. But my favourite drum sound right now, natural or not, has to be Gavin Harrison's kit on the last few Porcupine Tree albums.

Edit: Apparently some people are claiming that parts of the kit an DEI were triggered, which might be true. I'll still leave it in though.

It's not Metal (fo most of us), but I really dig the drum sound of Lotus, the 1974 live album from Santana. THAT is NOT replaced. And sound GOOD.

Apparently the drums on messengers by august burns red are all natural with some sample reinforcement on kick and snare only. I thought they were nice and punchy and real in your face. I'm pretty sure he posted something on gs about it. I'll ask him when I get to work with him next month ;)