What's the best rhythmic section Symphony X Have ever had?

What's the best rhythmic section Symphony X have ever had?

• Jason Rullo + Thomas Miller (Divine Wings of Tragedy)

Votes: 19 57.6%
  • Tom Walling + Thomas Miller (Thwilight in Olympus)

Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Jason Rullo + Michael LePond (Five)

Votes: 11 33.3%

• Total voters

#ThoMasMilLer#

New Metal Member
Aug 9, 2002
Italy
Visit site
So yeah, Symphony X have changed their rhythmical section (i.e. bass + drums) 3 times in the last 3 albums, so the question is pretty simple: what's the best one in your opinion? Rullo + Miller (Divine Wings), Walling + Miller (Twilight), or Rullo + LePond (V) ? My choice goes by far to Walling + Miller... up to you now :)

Reactions: Hiljainen
I'll take LePond and Rullo on this little poll. LePond had the huge sound on the live cd. The guy is a monster player and smokes it all live as well. I love all the new accents and floursihes that have come from playing the material out live. "The Odyssey" should help cement that pairing even more so :)

Glenn

Originally posted by Dangerman
Divine Wings of Tragedy definitely has the best rhythm section. LePond is quite a dull bassist really and he has to use a guitar pick for the fast bits *cringes*

Lepond doesn't play with a pick. Hate to burst your bubble on that one. He's all fingers a flying!

Glenn

Lepond uses a pick? Lepond is a dull bassist? Get off the drugs you fucking moron. Have you seen him play live? Once you have seen him play live you would have realised that you just said one of the most stupid things ever said by a person.

Reactions: Hiljainen
Gotta go with Lepond/Rullo. The live CD just blows me away. I find myself just listening to these two at a lot of times. Very tight, and they always have a great feel. :cool:

I voted for Rullo/Lepond. LePond doesn't seem to have any problems covering what miller did on earlier cds, and he throws in some of his own cool licks on the live cd. Rullo is a mind boggling drummer. Walling was good, but Rullo smokes him. Just my .02.