what's the contingency plan then

I think Erik made mention that he has the tech saavy to migrate all our posts to a back up board if he has the free time.

We should have a mirror board somewhere in the cosmos. I dont think Deron would pull the plug without notice either. Would give us all time to take some UM stragglers along with us if Doomsday hit.

#RCPreppers

Response from Revelation of Doom

Hi there and thanks for your message.

Sorry, but we don't have any intention of merging with a secondary community.

There are a few reasons for this:

1. The focus of this forum was to replace the downed Nuclear War Now! Productions forum, so mainly the aspects of that community would be recreated here.

2. Even if we did add a child forum for Royal Carnage's community, it would be pretty much inactive, as most of the regulars only look in Main and maybe one other forum section (such as Other, which is intended for discussions outside of music).

3. Even if the child forum did take off, we would have two separate communities to moderate. It's already a lot on our plates to take care of one, but two is excessive.

4. Lastly, it would be better to reserve hosting space and install a fresh copy of forum software. Popular free options include phpBB, MyBB, and FluxBB. It just requires an administrator who has hands-on knowledge (or plans to go along with learning) in order for it to become reality.

If you need any help getting a new forum running, I can provide some resources and give you feedback. I've been tinkering with forums for almost two decades, so it's something that I do as a fun hobby.

You are more than welcome to invite friends to sign up here (details) and assimilate with our community. We have former members from different forums that went down under, so it's all a part of adapting to what's best. I agree that Reddit and social media crap in general is out of the question, hence why I want forums to still be a thing.

Cheers!

RC REJECTED

At this point, I think due to our dumbass opinions, we should go to discord. I wouldn't mind hosting, but so many people here are so anti-tech idk if theyd' even switch.

At this point, I think due to our dumbass opinions, we should go to discord. I wouldn't mind hosting, but so many people here are so anti-tech idk if theyd' even switch.
it's been up for discussion in the thread already

i would totally be up for a discord in addition to the forum but it's chat, not forums, so i don't think it's a replacement

Im willing to create a Discord acct as a means of contacting you all if the forum ends up being tore down one day. But yea, Im not chatting. :heh:

I dont want any form of social contact outside of texts with people I can see in the flesh at a moment's notice, or forums for y'all folk.

Like I said, not even primo Carmen poon could convince.

I would let you all know ahead of time if things were over to close up, no worries.

Even though it isn't what it used to be it still runs about $165/month on hosting because it is super database intensive.

We'll buy the shit from if you if this dark day ever comes. We'll make that hosting cost decrease to a whopping 6 dollars a month after scrubbing the other 200 useless forums.

Appreciate it bruh. May metal reign upon your twisted soul. :kickass:

Reactions: SonOfNun
Kind of "sus" that none of RC's threads are included under "New Posts." This explains why we never get any new members from other dying subs. Between the nebulous moniker "RC" and zero exposure from this easy one click feature, is there any wonder why WE LIVE IN THE FUCKING PAST?

@MetalAges, How do we rectify this? Trying to save this entire website from obscurity bruh. Shit I even clicked "Advertise With Us." How much for a huge RC BANNER on UM (It's pay per clicks right?)

This Titanic is steering INTO the iceberg. GMD wont save ye, Andy Sneap wont save ye. Muthafugging NAD and Co just may.

:heh:

Last edited:
Who is on there that isnt on here, and why arent they HERE?

Last night I was looking at flip phones to replace my flagship. So yea, dont think i'll be downloading even more time consuming apps. This forum already pisses away enough time. (I justify it by good recos and good laughs.) Tis enough.