What's the Deal on the Next Skyfire Record??????

The Don

Oct 29, 2004
Evergreen, Colorado USA
I hate making this thread, but someone had to do it. The last "studio update" was ages ago. The speculated release date has been surpassed and then some. So I ask one of my fav bands - Skyfire. What is going on? If there is a delay please tell us we can deal with it! Wintersun's "Time" has been downgraded to absolute shit since they've delayed for literally YEARS. Illnath's new disc, though finished, was supposed to be out in March yet it's August and we've heard nothing besides they have a new drummer. GREAT for the US fans! That was my hidious brand of sarcasm...

Anyway, your fans would appreciate an update, good or bad. It's not like our fav bands have delayed records or let us down in the past. I just don't think Skyfire is capable of a bad record, which is why the lack of updating or communicating concerns me. A "we are finishing recordings on Esoteric" message would be more than enough at this time, but when I am drunk and pissed that my favorite band is inactive in updating their most loyal fans, it pisses me off. Please let all your loyal epic ownage super power death metal melodic ownage band let us know what the deal is. We love you (or at least I do....don't quote me on that)....UPDATE OR DIE!!!:headbang:

I hate making this thread, but someone had to do it. The last "studio update" was ages ago. The speculated release date has been surpassed and then some. So I ask one of my fav bands - Skyfire. What is going on? If there is a delay please tell us we can deal with it! Wintersun's "Time" has been downgraded to absolute shit since they've delayed for literally YEARS. Illnath's new disc, though finished, was supposed to be out in March yet it's August and we've heard nothing besides they have a new drummer. GREAT for the US fans! That was my hidious brand of sarcasm...

Anyway, your fans would appreciate an update, good or bad. It's not like our fav bands have delayed records or let us down in the past. I just don't think Skyfire is capable of a bad record, which is why the lack of updating or communicating concerns me. A "we are finishing recordings on Esoteric" message would be more than enough at this time, but when I am drunk and pissed that my favorite band is inactive in updating their most loyal fans, it pisses me off. Please let all your loyal epic ownage super power death metal melodic ownage band let us know what the deal is. We love you (or at least I do....don't quote me on that)....UPDATE OR DIE!!!:headbang:

Calm. Down. Seriously.

Update from the band coming soon.

K I'm calm.... I've been calm since Spectral was released.....waiting calmly....

No worries dude. I can tell you right now with 100% confidence that nothing has gone wrong during the recording sessions. This is a daunting recording process for the band because of some of the new elements they've added (this will be revealed in the next update) to the sound.

Next and final update should be released at the end of this month from the band.

Oh and for the record, since I believe it was asked in another thread. Yes, this record is being tracked at Andreas' own studio in Gothenburg, which is why they are able to take their time.

Should also mention that there will be a few surprises with the next update.:heh:

I hate to sound bitchy, but dude, these kinds of statements mean absolutely nothing. It's like when bands say their newest record will be the 'heaviest, most brutal' etc. yadda yadda. You know what would be a surprise? An actual update. Not talking about one.

Again, the only reason I'm going off like this is because Skyfire is a band I like and admire, and what I don't like or admire is when someone knows shit and doesn't share. In those cases it's better to say nothing.

I hate to sound bitchy, but dude, these kinds of statements mean absolutely nothing. It's like when bands say their newest record will be the 'heaviest, most brutal' etc. yadda yadda. You know what would be a surprise? An actual update. Not talking about one.

Again, the only reason I'm going off like this is because Skyfire is a band I like and admire, and what I don't like or admire is when someone knows shit and doesn't share. In those cases it's better to say nothing.

Holy shit, calm down. I'm just letting you guys know to expect some cool stuff alongside the update. No need to menstruate all over me... Jeezus...

And just so I clear it up with those who are wondering who I am, I work with Skyfire at their label. So no, I'm not some super fanboi feeding you baseless rumors.

Holy shit, calm down. I'm just letting you guys know to expect some cool stuff alongside the update. No need to menstruate all over me... Jeezus...

And just so I clear it up with those who are wondering who I am, I work with Skyfire at their label. So no, I'm not some super fanboi feeding you baseless rumors.

So now I'm menstruating? Way to be condescending towards me AND women. Does Skyfire really need this kind of people associating with them? :rolleyes:

So now I'm menstruating? Way to be condescending towards me AND women. Does Skyfire really need this kind of people associating with them? :rolleyes:

Please spare me the political correctness crap. You called yourself "bitchy" in your initial post which, in context and at face value, is just as offensive to women. I was just joking around and I wasn't being condescending at all. You seriously need to calm down, dude.

The main reason why I came on here was because I saw lots of people complaining that there was no news from the band, and unfortunately that is what happens when you're so deep into the recording process. So when I try to wet your appetites, you still complain about that and tell me not to say anything. So ok, I guess I won't say anything. Sorry for pissing you off by trying to get you excited about an awesome band/album. :(

I'll let your potshot at me and complaining slide, cause I know as a fan how much it sucks waiting 4 years for your favorite band to put out a CD, but I will be modding this forum from now on and I will not be tolerating that kind of childish whining anymore (and certainly not unjustified attacks at me like that). For the record, any more of these "WHEN IS THE ALBUM COMING OUT" threads will be deleted.

So please, can we just get along? I promise you that you will get an update at the end of the month (to be more specific, within a week or so). So in the meantime, let's have some constructive discussions and no more fighting, k? K. <333

Whatever. But please remember this: A bitch does not necessarily have to reference a woman. It may as well be indicative of a dog of the female sex. And secondly: There are people who have been on this forum for a very long time. I'm not talking about myself, but others. Please show them the respect they deserve.

We do have our appreciation of Skyfire in common, let's focus on that from now on. :p

Ok, so your post was offensive to all dogs. Let the dog riots begin! :lol: ;)

And btw, I encourage everyone to discuss other things besides Skyfire too on this board as well, especially while we wait for the new album to finish up.