it boggles my mind.

Man Made Mike

man made, not god.
Jan 27, 2002
New York
this question basically goes out to Jonas since hes our buddy who always answers our questions, but anyone else who has anything to throw in this topic please feel free.....

skyfire basically is, a huge band...i mean im over here in new york loving them and im pretty sure theyve never even touched american soil...most people into extreme metal bands know skyfire (and love them, if i may add).....and then when we talk to you, Jonas, its like your just one of our friends, and it boggles my mind...what my question basically is, are you completely amazed at how big skyfire is? if i was in a band and that happened to me id probably be in an extreme shock, maybe even overwhelmed....yet basically everyday we talk to you and you seem like you know perfectly how to deal with all of it...basically, you act like a real person! and i love it, as im sure everyone else does...i dont know many (or any) other bands that are just real people, especially to your fans...i need to know what your secret is! anyways....i hope when skyfire is the biggest band in the scene (and they will be, oh yes) you will always come back to talk to us like real people, thanks for being the coolest bandmembers ive known! rock on....and goodnight...

--mikey--

i agree with u man, when i first joined this forum it seemed like such an amazing priveledge to talk with a member of one of my favourite bands. but after a while i realised that like all musicians, no matter how popular, jonas is just another guy but has gained recognition for doing what he loves!!

i think bands who dont pay their fans enough respect dont diserve to be big & popular, cause after all its the fans that make them big!!

but just to contradict u there is a but a small number of skyfire fans in england, infact i know of only 2 others, one of which i dont know personally!! but hey thats england for ya

Yeah man......these guys,Jonas, Martin, Henrik, their all just normal guys. I talked to Martin on ICQ for like 2 hours last night about videogames and shit. Its like Jonas said, their just normal guys, Skyfire isnt QUITE as huge as you say, but they still are a signed and recognized band in the underground metal scene. I think its awesome Jonas and the others put up with us crazy fans these day and I praise ya for it

:worship:

:headbang: on

PS: Would also like to add, I think Skyfire is actually terribly underated in the extreme metal scene, way to often compared to bands like Children of Bodom and Eternal Tears of Sorrow, which I think use keyboards in a totally different way. Someday you guys will get the recognition you deserve!

I know some people here in my city (and it's not a big city I can assure you) and they all know and appreciate Skyfire...

The fact that I can chat with Jonas and Henrik for me it's wonderful as they are in my collection of cd besides on my screen, but I think for them the success arrived slowly and unexpected, and so they hadn't even the time to realize it. So they continue to behave as common persons and this way to be is really cool. :) :)

I think everyone who plays extreme music is very down to earth actually.
I was reading on the DT boards about how a fan just happened to visit Sweden and he called up DT and they went to have a beer.
Underground success isn't the same as Mtv TRL success I think. At least it doesn't get to people's heads. Aghora sold 10,000 cd's without ever playing live once, and I feel no different than I did before that.
Everyone who plays in bands whether they're successful or not, are all real people. :cool:

as Skyfire get more popular its gonne be harder to keep the forum free of the wankers like what people say are present in the other boards

but i think it shall remain a wholsome place for ages

OK, let's see

First of all, i don't think we are anything near huge at all.. I mean, we've gained fans and received some email from them, We have done quite a lot of interviews and we have sold around 10,000 albums. But that does not mean that you're recognized by people on the streets, or being stalked by hysterical fans or anything. I haven't been recognized even once (quite a disappointment ;)). We have also never played live at all...so we have never met our fans in person or seen the response you can get at a gig. Maybe that is why I don't feel like a "real" rockstar and I'm still the way I've always been. But on the other hand I don't think being recognized on the streets would affect me much either.. I'm just a regular Swedish guy, somewhat fortunate, who happens to play in a great band :)

But I must say that once we had released the album, and we started hearing from fans all over the world, it was quite a thrill. Every single email we receive from fans makes you really happy and proud. I have the deepest respect for all of you and all the other fans, because we would be nothing without you..

:cry: ;)

a touching statement....lemme just touch up on some of the stuff i first wrote.....first, when i say huge i obviously dont mean world-wide greatly known band....i didnt mean like you walk around and everyone on the streets says "hey, theres a guy from Skyfire!! i need to touch him!" ... but i mean, most people in the underground metal scene know you and most love you, which to me is a big amount....i think thats a big amount and to say the least, very thrilling, because i was in a few extremely unsuccessful bands that were basically just something to have a little fun, never meant to get anywhere, but if we sold even 200 records and had 50 fans i would have been amazed ....i dont know what im trying to say actually...but to me 10,000 records is no small thing at all.....i just think its awsome that you guys interact with us so much, i think it makes all of us skyfire fans feel important and close to you, which means a lot to us (im pretty sure i can speak for everyone).....i go to the in flames forum and the only time ive ever seen in flames post was to tell people to stop bitching at them for touring with slipknot :) to put it quite simply, skyfire just....well.....rock....and im done, goodnight.

mike

yeh 10,000 sold is nothing to scoff at. and that doesnt even count people that have pirated copies, or just a few mp3s. trust me, there are WAY more than 10,000 people that dig you guys. and i think that is somthing to be proud of.
-neal

Don't get me wrong.. I think it's extremely cool that we managed to come this far and I'm sure the other guys feel the same way..
But as you say, it's quite hard to understand that someone in Venezuela, Malaysia or wherever sits and listen to stuff we've done.. I don't think we'll ever understand it completely until we go touring :)

yeah, if u decide to tour and go over to the US, which i think would be gr8 publicity for u guys, then u could stop off at England and play there, i bet u there are hundreds of fans here, they just keep out of site etc, see theres too much hostility towards us metal heads over here :bah:

anyway, hows the new album coming along?? how many tracks are completed now, and do we get a sneak preview?? he he he

Originally posted by Silent Downfall
we'll make a secret forum if this one gets gay :D
haha.....!! that reminds me of what happened to me lately: I jumped from one IRC channel to the next, also connected to various servers etc. and once I sneaked into a finnish channel, which was empty apparently, but I got a message which said s.t. like: wtf are you doing here? this is a private channel!! :lol: :oops: :)

More songs are definitely coming... We have extremely much to do before the first gig and before we enter the studio. Andreas who writes about half of all material is going away with his job for two weeks soon.. so I guess we're lucky if we manage to have all the arrangements ready before September 9th :erk:

But don't worry... we were in the same position before Timeless, and that worked out pretty well, don't you think? :D