What's the first Iron Maiden album you ever bought?

I don't remember for sure whether the first one I bought was NOTB or POM but the first one I HEARD was NOTB on this KMET radio show called, "The Mighty Metal Shop" that used to be on for four hours on late Friday nights, in October 1982. The host was a creepy-voiced character called "Lucifer LeRock". They played the intro to "The Prisoner" and it scared the heck out of me (I was 13 and knew nothing about it being from the old tv show; I thought it was about a guy in hell being tortured by a demon or something! lol!). That ended up becoming (and staying) my favorite album, and they became the first concert I went to, on the World Piece Tour at Long Beach Arena in Spring of '83. For years after I went to every single tour they played Long Beach, including the famous "Night 4" of the World Slavery Tour which became Live After Death. And of course I was there when they came back to the Arena in 2003 August 25. "Scream for me, Long Beach!"

Hmmmmmmmmmm...

If memory serves , it either the Sanctuary single or Live + 1 ...can't remember....

It might of been the compilation "Metal For Muthas" which had alternate versions of Wrathchild and Sanctaury and a killer song by Angelwitch called Baphomet.

eddielightningeyes.gif

Brave New World, in 2000, then I bought Eddie's Head box set. I didn't listen to Iron Maiden when I was a teen because I was too heavy into death metal and I thought they were silly. Now I see how truly metal they are.

-Vince

N.P. To Separate The Flesh From The Bones - Art Of Aggression

efkarpos said:
1989 i bought piece of mind on tape (remember tapes?)
I remember cassette tapes, and my first Maiden was "Iron Maiden" on tape!:D
I still have about 300 tapes actually! I rarely listen to them, but I can't let 'em go. I know I'll never replace all of them with CDs, and some I wouldn't even if I had the chance. Keel, Loudness, shit like that will just stay on tape.:loco:

Iron Maiden. Shortly followed by Killers wich came out a month later. It must have been in the early eighty´s. Great era: Priest (unleashed, British Steel), Saxon, Raven, Angelwitch, Jaguar....

If I remember right, I think it was the original "Somewhere In Time" tape.

"LiVe AfTeR DeAtH" original tape came about a month or 2 later.

This was back in 1986 or so. I was in 5th Grade in Elementary School at that time.

Yeah, no joke. I was listening and headbanging to MAIDEN while people my same age at that time were listening to Seaseme Street.

As of this year 2006, I have been listening to MAIDEN now for 20 years straight.

I have, at one time or another, listened to EVERY MAIDEN CD or tape ever made, and to EVERY regular album song ever made by them.

I have also heard most of their B Side songs too.

The only MAIDEN songs that I have not heard are a handful of their B Side stuff.

Songs like: "Doctor Doctor", "Justice of the Peace", "Invasion", "I Got the Fire", "Cross-Eyed Mary", "Space Station # 9", and some other ones.

Im more of a death metal guy, but nothing beats popping in number of the best and cranking it up every once in a while.

o yea i know, i might of gave you the wrong message, i fucken love iron madien. Alot of great bands nowadays do iron madien covers like trivium, arch enemy, cradile of filth, etc.