What's the news on a U.S. tour?

StocktontoMalone

The Cynical Realist
Dec 12, 2002
Tiverton, RI
Visit site
Forgive my sarcasm, but how can an American band not tour their own country? I've bought 7 Enchant CDs. Am I any different than my European counterpart?

I'm sure to catch flack for this thread, but I don't care. I was in the Station Fire when Great White was On stage, I got out - I take my music seriously.

I want to see Enchant, and don't have thousands of dollars to hop a flight to Europe....SORRY.

STILL pissed in R.I.

Just remember that the band is not really in charge of where they tour and I'm 99.99999% sure they want to tour here but label circumstances just prevent it. I wish there was something we could do...I'm dying to see Enchant live

I wish I wish I wish they will tour too...in San Diego!

Let's be patient and wait for an official announcement from Ed. Spock's are announcing their US dates and I am sure the boys are talking to I/O at the moment trying to deal an opening act...my guess is that they are still in negotiation (otherwise, I am sure we would have gotten an update). My understanding is that Ed and the boys don't like announcing things until they are completely finalized.

JF

StocktontoMalone said:
Forgive my sarcasm, but how can an American band not tour their own country? I've bought 7 Enchant CDs. Am I any different than my European counterpart?

I'm sure to catch flack for this thread, but I don't care. I was in the Station Fire when Great White was On stage, I got out - I take my music seriously.

I want to see Enchant, and don't have thousands of dollars to hop a flight to Europe....SORRY.

STILL pissed in R.I.

jfcote said:
I wish I wish I wish they will tour too...in San Diego!

Let's be patient and wait for an official announcement from Ed. Spock's are announcing their US dates and I am sure the boys are talking to I/O at the moment trying to deal an opening act...my guess is that they are still in negotiation (otherwise, I am sure we would have gotten an update). My understanding is that Ed and the boys don't like announcing things until they are completely finalized.

JF
I agree, wait for Ed. But Ed, say it ain't so! A night with Spock's Beard at Imusicast...RIGHT HERE AT HOME...without Enchant?? I'm a bit heartbroken. I do hope something in CA (even if it has to be LA) is finalized soon so we can all save up, and make travel plans. As for the venue, I'm not sure about walking into a place called "The Club Lingerie" ... in ..Hollywood??? Does that refer to the dress code--for the band? :D I guess I'll do just about anything to see Enchant live..EVEN go to LA... But I'll wait patiently for the OFFICIAL word from the guys...soon, I hope...

Kristin

DiscoDave said:
Argh...why's it gotta be on a wednesday?!?

*starts checking pricing on a plane ticket*
For me it's time versus money...not sure if I'll have to fly or, maybe, leave at midnight Tues. and drive down. acccckkkkkkk! I have the whole week off PRIOR to the LA date...but had to tell the boss I'll probably be out the 5th and 6th... we shall see...

Kristin
viaAnxiousDragon

Hey everyone

We have been talking to Nick about as any dates as possible, and doing our very best to make it possible to do as many as possible. The whole US tour will not be possible but we arte really hopeful that we can make it back East as well as playing some West Coast Dates, there was even some discussion of midwest dates. Nothing is for sure yet so please hold off for a bit longer. The LA nad Oak dates are looking really good at the moment and IOA is helping us as well. Nick and the SP guys have been increible concerning this as well! they are the best! So we are working hard to do as many dates with them we can. And we can always do our own thing and play a longer set near home as well, it is all possible we just have to work it out later, we have four shows left here still here in Europe.

Thanks so much to everyone being so understanding and patient about this, getting pissed off about does no good at all STM you need to be a little more patient, I know you are a great supporter of ours and we look forward to vbeing able to play near your neck of the woods as well! we never said we would not play here, but we have other employers who actually pay our salaries. We would like nothing more than to go back East and play but we don,t make the call on that at all.

So tonight is Paris and this Venue looks really cool, I am sitting next to Sean and Ted who are probably addressing this as well and looking very much forward to the remaining shows and also coming home and playing as many dates as we possibly can!

Thanks

Viadragon said:
For me it's time versus money...not sure if I'll have to fly or, maybe, leave at midnight Tues. and drive down. acccckkkkkkk! I have the whole week off PRIOR to the LA date...but had to tell the boss I'll probably be out the 5th and 6th... we shall see...

Kristin
viaAnxiousDragon

ebass said:
Hey everyone

And we can always do our own thing and play a longer set near home as well,

Wow--thank you, Ed!! You always have just the right words of encouragement for us!!!

So tonight is Paris and this Venue looks really cool, I am sitting next to Sean and Ted ...

Cool, in Paris...with Sean, and Ted...and yourself...! You know how to make us envious, too! ;)

Kristin
Via Dragon booking a flight on the Concorde...(she wishes!)

Demonspell

We are indeed hoping for that weekend! actually three dates if it works out! That is still way iffy!

Our first priority at this point is doing this live DVD CD in Oakland or San Fransicico and then getting it out so we can do a small headlining tour ASAP! but Spocks Dates are not out of the possibility at all!

Just got back from SF/San Jose/Santa Cruz for work, so it sucks it didnt coincide with the Enchant dates. Ed, Ted, Sean please post the dates as soon as possible, so we can get our cheap plane tix. Weekends, pleez, especially for a DVD show!!!!

jim

ebass said:
Demonspell

Our first priority at this point is doing this live DVD CD in Oakland or San Fransicico and then getting it out so we can do a small headlining tour ASAP! but Spocks Dates are not out of the possibility at all![/QUOTE]

Thank you for the news, Ed!! Sheesh, suddenly feeling spoiled here in the Bay Area! Sounds fabulous! Still getting that semi-desperate feeling of having to catch as many shows as I can..worrying about airfare...tickets to the gigs...but SO worth all the pleasant agony!

Kristin
Via-roller-coaster-riding-Dragon

OMG - PLEASE, PLEASE make it to somewhere in the Midwest... I would SO much love to be able to see you guys play live at least once...

I'll buy ya'll some brews and hang out for a few. Maybe Doug will let me jam with him on the ole' guitar for a few during soundcheck...

mgirishfan said:
Airfare to Oakland - $260
Hotel room - $100
Gig ticket - $???

Being there for the Enchant live DVD gig -- PRICELESS!!!!! :D

(Hoping it's after 11/12!!)
Yes, indeed, priceless!! Besides seeing the band, it will be so great to meet other Enchant fans--talk about priceless!!

By the way, just discovered my personal equation for heaven: 4 hour drive + new car + cd player (-'66 'cuda +tears + AM radio) - 15 yr old daughter(-punk - hardcore - metal cds)+ 10 Enchant CDs (-Break + 3 TOWs) + singing along with all the songs + discovering the reason for cranking up the BASS button (thanks, Ed!) = almost heaven!! (total heaven will be the concert)

The ironic thing is, I missed my turn-off and instead of Oakland, I ended up going through Concord...gee, was there any live Enchant happening Tuesday night?? I woke up this morning with a slight sore throat, then realized it was all the vocalizing, and those falsettos, man! Ted, how do you do it?!!! How do you ALL do it--amazing music! A heart-felt thank you...

Kristin
via tone-deaf dragon (locked in the trunk)