what's up with the beans?

DanLights

Santa Hat Forever
So I saw Marcus (I think it was him) reccomending to get a Pod Xt bean instead of a live or a pro. What's up with that? Is there any true advantage besides it being cheaper? I currently have a Behringer Bass v-amp in bean presentation, and although I love the v-amp I hate the bean thing, It just was (and still is) impossible to get a rack version of the bass v-amp here (rack versions of guitar v-amps are aplenty, fuck guitarrists). So I'm hoping to upgrade to a Bass POD early next year and had the chance to buy a bean bass pod xt but prefered to wait it out till I can get a live or a pro version.

I mean, live can be a lot more useful in live situations and just as helpful in recording situations, yet the pro looks so damn cooler and is a bit more comfortable with direct to PA live setups which Is what I use the v-amp for and will use the pod for.

So why a bean? it's ugly as fuck, a pain in the ass to place on stage (it says to not place it on top of an amp cause it could heat up, I don't care and do it anyways, who wants to buy a stupid mic stand adapter for that crap?). The only thing I can think is it's smaller so it's easier to carry around to gigs, but really, a live or a pro isn't that much of a difference if you have a gig bag of some sorts

Haha, well my personal feeling on it is the bean and FBV Express foot controller can still be carried more compactly than the fucking massive XT Live, and I like being able to plop the bean on top of whatever amp head you're using the power section of, mainly just to clear up floor space. Now that I think of it, though, using the XT live means you can have a shorter cable from your guitar since the Pod is closer to you, which is always good, so maybe the live isn't so bad after all! :loco: But there's zero difference in sound (oh, but the bean is of course cheaper, and FBV Express Boards are as well)

yeah I get your point, I still hate the stupid bean though hahaha

In terms of cable distance, It's probably the same becasue of what you say, bean is closer to amp, but live is closer to guitar. But for that purpose I'd prefer a bean because I'd plug it directly into PA and use the second output to the amp as a monitor only (I'm not trusting my monitors to the sound guy, you never know what douchebag you'll get as a soundguy), The live used directly for PA could kinda get more annoyingly in the way given the cable would come from out front of you to the PA, instead of from behind you (the amp), but that's just me being a whiney whore

I used a XT Live for quite some time in an old band of mine straight into the PA. No complaints from me, and we were a wild bunch on stage, never had it come unplugged IME.

buy my XTpro inkl metalshop NOW (need money ;=) )

would love too, but no money (had to pay a car crash, not fun story), live in Venezuela so even if yes money no dollars (long,sad sickening story), and besides I want a Bass POD, or an X3 that has both, unless you could sell me the POD xt pro with the metal pack and the bass pack :kickass:

There used to be a kinda proggy metal band round here where both guitarists used beans - one of the best things I've ever seen at a gig was one of them spinning round, accidentally yanking the bean of his amp, and watching it gracefully fly across the stage... before smacking the bass player right between the eyes. Beautiful, beautiful moment :D

Steve

There used to be a kinda proggy metal band round here where both guitarists used beans - one of the best things I've ever seen at a gig was one of them spinning round, accidentally yanking the bean of his amp, and watching it gracefully fly across the stage... before smacking the bass player right between the eyes. Beautiful, beautiful moment :D

Steve

Hahahahahahahahhahaha, I can imagine time stopping as the little bean floated through the air in slow-mo :lol: