what's vcc again?

fdsaevad

Dec 4, 2013
just trying to figure out if i need it or not, half off on the slate stuff.

i just have the glue and some waves. do all intensities of rock and metal

def don't need vtm or vbc? or what.

can't demo this stuff without an ilok, don't even know what the fuck that is.

I'm guessing you haven't been reading around here much.
Dig around and do a little research, all the explanation of what slates plugs are will be on his website,

The VCC emulates the sound of mixing through an analog console,
VTM is the emulation of a tape machine either 1/4" or 1/2" with other varible options
VBC is a series of compressor emulations

I have VTM and VCC and personally use VTM more and get more use from it, although not everyone will agree or have the same opinions of gear and all three plug-ins have a different function so one isn't better than the other, just different.

An ilok, again you could find out if you just used google, it's a small flash drive that holds license files for plugins and other audio software (like protools) it means that you can download the software you need on to any computer, anywhere in the world and as long as you have your little ilok, it will activate it and let you use it without having to re-register etc

EDIT; I came so close to doing that ^:lol:

thanks for the response

would've done it for half off but if i have to wait for a flash drive in the mail, not going to bother.

thanks for the response

would've done it for half off but if i have to wait for a flash drive in the mail, not going to bother.

Why? I only have VTM so far, but it slays every other tape emulation I've tried. It probably won't take that long to ship.

You could always just order the plugins you want, and then go buy an ilok locally.

good idea.

...so should i blow this month's booze money on vcc And vtm? i'm so cheap but slate's the man, i'm saving for the vms when it comes.

edit: i'm not big on tape but i've only tried the waves one... kramer whatever

edit: you can save an extra 50 off of their individual sale prices if you buy all three in a bundle, but i don't need all that. ... prob don't even need vcc lol. christ.

i woke up at 1am this morning to track a song for 14 hours, little braindead. just head to bed, let my subconscious figure it out, have an answer in the morning.

The better your front end is, the least you might need stuff like VCC.
If the sound is right from the beginning, I don't find myself reaching for console or tape emulations.

On the other hand, if the tracks you're working with are a little bland and lack mojo / sweet distortion, these things can help you injecting some of that back into the tracks.

just going to get vcc, find ilok somewhere in toronto.

you kids use vtm on the same tune as vcc? or is that TOO much analog emu