VCC Released

Guys, just a Q: is it worth to buy vcc without a super duper mega computer? I can max out my Q6600 enough so I can't put FG-X on the master buss without it stuttering a lot, so if it is too heavy I am not buying it before a new computer.

Guys, just a Q: is it worth to buy vcc without a super duper mega computer? I can max out my Q6600 enough so I can't put FG-X on the master buss without it stuttering a lot, so if it is too heavy I am not buying it before a new computer.

I'm not 100% sure on how it works (it's all linked together I think) so this may not work, but you could put VCC on everything, then bounce them down and resume mixing as normal.

Users over at GS say that the plugin-use has been reduced with 50% on the cpu with the new update which is awesome :D So now we can all use it as it is supposed to.
Although all mixes don't benefit from using it on all channels, but i always have VCC on the mixbuss atleast.

This should about sum it up.

vccsummary.jpg

1 million days in MSpaint.

I've tried the 1.3.5 version yesterday night on a windows 7 x64 system with Reaper x64, and so far I must say: this patch seems to have solved every minor gripe I had about VCC! I was still using 1.0.5 before this, because I was hesitant to update. Things were working as they should: I had no crashes, and I used it on every project I did since I bought it, so I didn't dare touching it.

There were 3 issues I had with the old version though. First of all was that it just takes quite some CPU power to use it across a project with many tracks. That's just the nature of the beast. So the major cutback in CPU power was absolutely welcome.
Another issue was that, eventough the old version already worked fine in my x64 setup, it had that annoying problem in Reaper where plugin-windows that are bridged float and stay open after you close the fx window. Not that I blame VCC for that, but since I have that plug on every track, it really adds up after a couple of hours. With the update, it is integrated in the fx screen nice and tidy. Beautiful!
The last thing was the lack of auto-hiss removal on silent tracks. It didn't bother me that much I must admit, but it's just nice to have the option. The cool thing about mixing ITB is that you can go completely overboard with the amount of...well, everything you use. But if I like to have a 100 piece orchestra on 100 channels, and I add VCC to all of those, the noise starts to add up ofcourse. Not that I ever did that, but if I want to, now I can :)

About the plugin itself: man, I love it! The difference in A/B comparissons may sound subtle, but the effect this thing has on my mixing-sessions isn't subtle at all imo! I notice myself using a lot less processing on tracks eversince I started using it. Not because things sound vastly different when switching it on (that would make it a bad plugin imo!), but because things just seem to fall into place much earlier. The best way to describe my experience with it is this: while mixing without VCC, I feel like the individual tracks are living a life of their own. When I put VCC on every track and the mixbus, things suddenly seem to work together in a context. It's like comparing a collage to a painting.
Now don't get me wrong: you still have to EQ, compress, and whatnot to make the mix sound great! But to me, this process has become a lot more creative and fun, thanks to a single, easy to use plugin.

I know this makes me sound like a salesman, but I just really love it that much ^^

How much cpu does it use per instance? (and which cpu are u using :) ) :)

Currently it says between 0,3 and 0,8% per instance (with no oversampling during live monitoring). I use a Core i5 760 (2,80GHz) Cpu :) I don't know how much it used on my old version, but it was more than that for sure. I believe around 1% per instance or something close to that.

About the plugin itself: man, I love it! The difference in A/B comparissons may sound subtle, but the effect this thing has on my mixing-sessions isn't subtle at all imo! I notice myself using a lot less processing on tracks eversince I started using it. Not because things sound vastly different when switching it on (that would make it a bad plugin imo!), but because things just seem to fall into place much earlier. The best way to describe my experience with it is this: while mixing without VCC, I feel like the individual tracks are living a life of their own. When I put VCC on every track and the mixbus, things suddenly seem to work together in a context. It's like comparing a collage to a painting.
Now don't get me wrong: you still have to EQ, compress, and whatnot to make the mix sound great! But to me, this process has become a lot more creative and fun, thanks to a single, easy to use plugin.

FUCK. i couldn't have said this any better. these are my exact sentiments regarding VCC in use on a typical mixing session. i feel like im molding clay rather than figuring out a fucking calculus problem.

NICE. Instnatly puts me in a creative mood.

I was using the original beta (Ilok 1) version until now since I was both worried about all the issue reports and in the middle of some projects. I had a chance now to update and with the most recent version getting good reports of stability I gave it a go and so far it's been PERFECT!

Installed the Ilok driver first then the plugin and no issues at all. CPU is about the same with oversampling as it was with the beta, sound is definitely smoother and better although I already thought the beta sounded great. Killer!

PS Using Windows 7 64 bit with Cubase 5.5 32 bit.